We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bel Trans Shuttles

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Christchurch
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Bel Trans Shuttles

Booked a shuttle that was advertised as $60.00 per hour (minimum hire 1 hour) with $4 surcharge. Put in all the credit card details, now it is a minimum 2 hour rental (okay), submit - WHAT ... suddenly the hire fee is now $120.00 per hour with $10.00 surcharge -minimum hire fee is now total $255.00 RIPPED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure how they can get away with this blatant misrepresentation on their website. Certainly won't book a return trip....getting ripped off by this crowd is once is enough. Stay clear people.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bel Trans Shuttles

I'm guessing from the rates you quote, you're talking about a limo of some description. Using the word "shuttle" is a little misleading.

What has Bell Trans said when you queried this with them? If there's been a blatant breach of the terms and conditions you agreed to, I suggest you dispute the transaction with your credit card company if you get no satisfaction from the company itself.

Edited: 19 September 2012, 09:36
birm
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bel Trans Shuttles

I just looked at the Bell Trans website. The shuttle is not $60 hr plus $4 fuel, however, the 24 pax party bus is.

I do not think you were paying attention. Look at the screen shots of your webpages and see what happened.

Of course it doesn't matter who made the mistake, it was easily rectified when you contacted Bell Trans, wasn't it? They are an excellent company and I would be surprised if it wasn't.

To come on here and post about being ripped off without posting all the details & telling us how Bell Trans handled this when you contacted them seems extreme.

Edited: 19 September 2012, 11:28
Chicago
Level Contributor
1,249 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bel Trans Shuttles

Thank you for the notice about Bell Trans. I stopped using them, even for airport shuttles. I did not like the quality of their services. It is quite competitive at McCarran's and I do not have to put up with any crappy service from airport shuttles.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
452 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bel Trans Shuttles

I used Bel Tran shuttle to get a wedding party from A to B and it was only 60 bucks. The surcharge is for fuel. I know sometimes what they call their fleets can be confusing, please make sure. We had good customer service from them too. Call them, I;m sure they will work with you.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,314 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bel Trans Shuttles

I've used Bell Trans many times and never had bad service.

Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bel Trans Shuttles

I've used them on multiple occasions for group transport. The party bus is $120 per hour (but great) and the others are $60. They get an A+++ from me - fantastic service and drivers every time and extremely reliable.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bel Trans Shuttles

I also had no problem at all with Bell Trans. I used them four times our last trip to transport quite a few of our wedding guests about Vegas and each time they were very professional and the price was stated clearly. I would phone them I'm sure they would resolve any issues you have.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
979 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bel Trans Shuttles

Interesting - but there seems to be some missing information. Did you complete the reservation even though you were not satisfied with the rate? Did you contact Bel Trans to inquire about the rate discrepancy? It seems as though there must be some sort of explanation regarding a rate jump like this ... perhaps you mis-typed the pick up and drop off times causing a rate increase? Are you traveling during a peak time where an additional surcharge would apply? The scenario posted is just to vague to really drill down to the specific cause of the issue, but I agree with another poster who recommended discussing the matter directly with Bel Trans to resolve the greivance.

Torrance, CA
Level Contributor
682 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bel Trans Shuttles

Has anyone used Bell Trans VIP Airport Shuttle? Their website says they use limos & SUVs for this service, and even though it's a share-a-ride, $28 per person roundtrip sounds like a fantastic bargain!

10. Re: Bel Trans Shuttles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2013, 10:17