We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegas in mid-February?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,908 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Vegas in mid-February?

My parents are planning on going to Vegas Feb 17-22. This will be their first time. Do you see any issues going at this time?

minnesota
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegas in mid-February?

Only getting out of the snow to get there:)

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
4,721 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegas in mid-February?

I think presidents day falls in there so it's a long weekend. Might affect hotel prices a but on weekend. I often go that week of feb and don't find issues other than that

Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
1,823 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegas in mid-February?

I make this trip every year, and once the weather kept me inside. Every other time it has been very pleasant for walking during the day. No worries!

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vegas in mid-February?

Not sure exactly what issues you're concerned about. Those dates include Presidents Day weekend so it will most likely be more crowded than a non-holiday winter weekend then. Can't think of anything other than that but if you care to elaborate, you may get more help.

Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vegas in mid-February?

May be chilly and the pools won't be usable (if they're even open.) Check the weather just before leaving so they bring the right clothes. But the place should be rocking and rolling.

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,448 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vegas in mid-February?

I have gone a few times in February and the only issue is the weather. You can never be sure what it will be like but I wouldn't depend on a pool. It can be anywhere from pleasant to so windy and cold you can't get around very well.

I'm hoping my trip this February is one of the unusually warm ones but I'm not counting on it.

Overland Park...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Vegas in mid-February?

Went over President's Day weekend in 2010. No issues at all.

8. Re: Vegas in mid-February?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 00:18