We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best place around the RIO to go for a relaxing drink.

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg
Level Contributor
197 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
best place around the RIO to go for a relaxing drink.

We are staying at the rio and was wondering where is a a couple of good places to go within walking distance for a nice drink later in the evening. I need a few recomendations as we are not into the real high class fancy night clubs.We are in our 40's. maybe someplace with some live music and a good people watching. Thanks

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,140 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best place around the RIO to go for a relaxing drink.

Within walking distance pretty much limits you to Gold Coast and Palms. And the Rio itself of course.

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
11,961 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best place around the RIO to go for a relaxing drink.

At the Rio, there is the iBar, which is right at the main entrance. There is also the Masquerade Bar which seems a little more casual. The Village Bar has the flair bartenders, which is pretty cool. We are not drinkers, so I am only going by what I have seen of these places as I have passed them on my many stays at the Rio.

When will you be at the Rio?

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
197 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best place around the RIO to go for a relaxing drink.

We will be there from sept.28 to the 3rd of october. Can I call ahead and ask for a certain area of the hotel to stay in and if so I have a car rental and which area of the hotel should I request. Thanks

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,140 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best place around the RIO to go for a relaxing drink.

They won't be able to book you into a certain area of the hotel. Once you arrive you can decide what makes sense for you in terms of parking. There are two self-parking areas at Rio. I don't consider either of them particularly close to the room elevators, but they're not a mile away either.

I would just use valet parking.

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
11,961 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best place around the RIO to go for a relaxing drink.

I will be there from sep.29 thru oct.1.

personally, I ask for the Ipanema Tower, since it is closer to the table games, closer to the front desk/main entrace, and is more convenient to the self-parking if I use it. Calling ahead won't help, since it all depends on what is available at the time you are checking in.

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best place around the RIO to go for a relaxing drink.

I like the Ipanema tower also. If you book on the hotel's website there is a box where you can note which tower you prefer and the desk clerk will see it when you check in.

7. Re: best place around the RIO to go for a relaxing drink.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2013, 10:17