We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night in Las Vegas, where to stay

New Jersey, Usa
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Topic
One night in Las Vegas, where to stay

We are flying into Vegas and staying only one night before we go to GCNP, Bryce and Zion. We would like to see the main attractions on the strip but don't really want to spend a lot of money on hotel. Where should we stay so it is reasonably convenient to see stuff but also reasonably priced.

Is there a way to get some "special" deals at the better hotels?

Thank you.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
52,322 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One night in Las Vegas, where to stay

Impossible to answer without knowing when your visit is taking place, and what you consider "reasonably priced".

Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
5,981 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One night in Las Vegas, where to stay

Try these sites for discount codes:

http://www.smartervegas.com

http://www.travelzoo.com

http://www.lasvegasadvisor.com

http://www.earlyvegas.com

I'm going to assume that by "reasonably priced" you mean "cheap". Stay at Bally's. Its a decent hotel in a great location. Too expensive? Try Bill's Gambling Hall and Flamingo. If you want to step up, Caesars's Palace, Bellagio, or Cosmo. All these are very central and cover a wide range of prices.

New Jersey, Usa
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: One night in Las Vegas, where to stay

We will be arriving October 12 for one night. Since we don't have that much time in Vegas we don't need anything great, just decent.

Thank you Wheatie59 for the links to discount codes. I appreciate the help. It is a last minute trip for us and the research is overwhelming since I don't know anything about that part of the country.

Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
1,806 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One night in Las Vegas, where to stay

October 12th is a Friday night, and rates will be considerably higher at the strip hotels.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,163 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One night in Las Vegas, where to stay

Take a look at the economy CET hotels; Harrahs, IP, Flamingo, Bills, Ballys. As a general rule the CET hotels don't mark up their rates on Friday as much as the Mlife hotels.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
340 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One night in Las Vegas, where to stay

I think the cosmo has the best value to style ratio. I don't like forking out $300 for an old school belagio suite the is decorated more for my grandmother than myself.

New Jersey, Usa
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: One night in Las Vegas, where to stay

Thank you all for help. I'll be better prepared next time I go to Vegas :). I did not realize the huge price differences between weekdays and weekend. For now I booked Flamingo although it has mixed reviews just to have something. I will check others tonight when I have more time.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,163 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One night in Las Vegas, where to stay

Very wise, many of us do the same thing. We book a fully refundable offer directly with the hotel to lock something in, and then we look around for better deals or offers later.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One night in Las Vegas, where to stay

skeylargo, I have stayed at the Flamingo 13 times over the last 3 years and have never had a problem. You really can't beat the location as it's smack dab in the middle of things and when you walk out the door you are right on the strip. Some of the other hotels are set back from the strip quite a ways. Have a great time!

Queensbury, NY
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
4,268 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: One night in Las Vegas, where to stay

I also agree that the Flamingo is a good choice. Nice central location, and as long as you aren't expecting the 4 Seasons, you'll be just fine there. The rooms have been "refreshed" recently (new bedding and floors, but same bathrooms and furniture). I think you will like it there.