We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question on your flight

North Smithfield...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Question on your flight

What do you guys do on long flights to keep yourself from going nuts?

Take a laptop, DVD player, etc.

As far as getting comfortable, if that's possible, any tips? Since they removed pillows and I don't want to carry one around, my damn tailbone makes me feel like I'm sitting in on rock after 5 hours. Anyone use them neck pillows?

Thanks guys

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,547 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,006 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
565 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
5,882 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question on your flight

I plan to take my iPad, maybe load up on movies or games

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Question on your flight

Usually I take a book I can read for hours. Now I have a kindle and my netbook to watch/play on. In an ideal world I'll get a nap in.

ny
Level Contributor
667 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question on your flight

taking dvd player, my pillow and small blanket, food,and dramamine. hoping to get knocked out for a couple of hours so time goes faster. i try to get aisle so i can stretch a little bit more. get up twice to stretch legs. there is no hope for the butt though. i keep shifting it..lol

melissa

South Carolina
Level Contributor
3,107 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question on your flight

Please don't hate me, but I always fall asleep, sometimes before we even leave the runway. Once on a flight to London I slept for 8 straight hours. I do take my neck pillow and am very stiff when I finally wake up.

Michigan
Level Contributor
291 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Question on your flight

Take flights with Wifi/seat back televisions

Tomball, Texas
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Question on your flight

Watch a show/movie or play games on my iPhone. Read SkyMall magazine that's in the seat pockets.....this keeps me very entertained checking out the craziest new gadgets.

I bought a neck pillow in an airport gift shop for $15. It is very soft and comfy....try different angles to make it work for you. It fits very easily in my carryon suitcase.

Lancaster, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,346 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question on your flight

Last flight on SW I ran my battery dead on my Droid! Usually on my flight home I sleep the whole way. I do use a neck pillow....I strap it to my carry on bag so I don't have to carry it separately. (And yes, I do miss the airline pillows to sit on! My tailbone gets very sore also!)

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
43,453 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question on your flight

I bring my Kindle, but most of my time is spent with the Racing Form. It doesn't matter if I'm going anywhere where I will bet or not, I handicap the races to keep occupied and to keep in practice.

Frankfort, Indiana
Level Contributor
842 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Question on your flight

Take my iPad. I load it up and movies and some slot games to get me in a Vegas mood, like I really need the help.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Question on your flight

I take my travel laptop to do plenty of work, especially when my SWA plane has WiFi.

One Bloody Mary.

That's it for me. I'm good to go from that point on.