We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Players Card

Alberta,Canada
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Topic
Players Card

We're going to be in LV Oct 18-22 staying at NYNY. Been to Vegas a couple times (most recently a cpl months ago in May 2012). I don't enjoy gambling but I think my husband would like to gamble a bit this time. Proably at the VERY most $500 for the entire trip, hopefully less :) IMHO

Is a players card worth it for us? Does it cost anything? I know its a point based system, but how do they award comps? Does it just give me more playing power while we're sitting at a machine? I understand we accumulate points but does that mean I can cash them in for things like a free meal? I were to accumulate 20,000 points - what does that get me?

I've read a bit on the mLife site but some is still unclear so thanks in advance for your comments.

Nic

Michigan
Level Contributor
7,161 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Players Card

If you get 20000 points in 4 days you could get a lot. However doing that with a $500 gambling budget would be highly unlikely.Yes get a players card if your going to gamble they are free.

Edited: 30 September 2012, 17:51
San Diego
Level Contributor
5,140 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Players Card

I dont gamble that much, a few bucks here and there but still use the cards wherever i go.

For starters most of them will give you like $5 of free play, thats about double my gambling budget anyway so it really is free play to me.

I read on here that someone got some sort of offer even though they hardly used it so i figured it might happen to me so why not, like buying a lottery ticket.

I got an email for a free night around christmas, probably what everyone else got but still, i am going then so will take it. Not bad for free.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
4,745 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Players Card

They are free, so it can't hurt to have one even if you spend very little.

With CET , for example, you get $$ off at many stores in Miracle Mile shops and in the convenience and boutique stores in their properties....also some restaurants will give u 10 or 20 percent off with your card.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
262 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Players Card

Also the way mlife is set up you get points for just spending money so charge what you can to your room and pay it off at the end . Like if you were going to see a show that could be a pretty big room charge . And you can charge from any MGM property so if you have dinner at aria you can charge to your room at ny ny . It all adds up and maybe will turn into express comps at end of trip just ask if you have earned any express comps at check out and you can apply that towards bill !

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,119 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Players Card

I'll piggy back my question on this thread:

Can a husband and wife use the same card? We are not big spenders so figure we have a better chance of future goodies if we can both accumulate points in one place.

Edited: 30 September 2012, 19:37
Michigan
Level Contributor
7,161 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Players Card

^^Yes you can^^

7. Re: Players Card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 08:18