We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Vegas

bedfordshire
Level Contributor
96 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Vegas

Hi all planning our first trip for me and my wife in January next year can anyone recommend a hotel for our first visit , not looking to pay top dollar but looking for a resonable priced hotel

Also can anyone recommend the best place to look online to get the best deals

Cheers in advance Dave

Kineton, United...
Level Contributor
183 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Vegas

Going for first time in January 2013 staying at the New York New York hotel booked with Hayes and Jarvis they had a good deal for 5 nights,they were very helpful and knowledgeable ,hope that help.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,072 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Vegas

Hi Dave,

Myself and wife also going for the first time (December), after reading on this forum for a while we went for the Mirage, seems to get good reviews, decent location and mid price, we booked through BA.

Good luck

Stu

London, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Vegas

dav- Have a look at lowcostusa.co.uk,good deals .

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,173 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Vegas

I suggest staying in a central location, ie Paris, Bally's and Flamingo to name a few. We stayed at Planet Hollywood for $46.80/night on our first trip and enjoyed it. We liked the comfy bed and bathtub. :) It's mid strip and adjoined by the Miracle Mile shopping mall. Spice Market buffet is good. There's a $5 off voucher available.

When you find a hotel you want to book, I suggest booking a non refundable rate and if you find a lower rate, you can cancel and re-book. :) I suggest booking now though, for January. :)

Check out smartervegas.com, lasvegasadvisor.com etc for hotel and show promo codes.

Edited: 09 October 2012, 21:00
Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Vegas

Rather than asking for a "reasonably priced" hotel (which can mean very different things to different people), tell us how much you're happy to spend per night on a room (in $US). That will make it a lot easier for people to offer help and advice.

Your dates are important too. CES, one of the year's largest conventions, is in January. You should avoid that if budget is an issue as hotel rates are extremely high then.

Netherlands
Level Contributor
2,212 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to Vegas

js- im guessing you meant book a refundable rate- non refundable could be costly.

D

1700-10

New York
Level Contributor
921 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to Vegas

I believe the post above meant refundable reservation.

Rates are all over the place in January due to the Consumer Electronics Show. The first week in January is double the cost of the rest of the month.

I am going from 1/17 - 1/21 and staying at the Flamingo - center strip and suits my needs fine and you cant beat the price for mid strip - well Imperial Palace beatsthe price but construction and other issues.

And be aware - the weather is all over the place in January - as low as 30's at night and beautiful during the day - think of England without the rain.

And smartervegas.com is a great site - I agree - with them, they link you to the hotels websites with the prom code already in place.

fatwallet.com is another.

and just look at rates at www.treasureisland.com and they give you good rates

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,173 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time to Vegas

Oops yes refundable rate, thanks bikerbear and scott.

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time to Vegas

Hi

I always look on www.smartervegas.com and www.travelzoo.com for deals. Go on the USA site not the UK for travelzoo.

Keep checking often, you never know what may turn up. So far for my next hols I have already got a couple of nights booked at Mandalay Bay for $65pn (although there will be a $25pn resort fee) it's still a good deal, this also includes a free buffet. Got that deal from smartervegas.

This year I got Ballys for $35 with free buffets, another bargain. That one was on travelzoo. So the deals come and go.

Clive

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,691 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First time to Vegas

I got a great rate in January for Paris hotel on lowcostusa. We are going 12th Jan.

Edited: 09 October 2012, 21:50