We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hitsville Planet Hollywood

bristol
Level Contributor
171 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Hitsville Planet Hollywood

Has anyone seen this show recently? Any thoughts as to how it would compare against Human Nature whom we saw last time in Vegas.

Special Offer
Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Helicopter...
6,628 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam from Las...
5,112 Reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
404 Reviews
from US$529.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter and...
915 Reviews
from US$598.99*
US$650.00
Mass
Level Contributor
1,828 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hitsville Planet Hollywood

Hope someone answers this...thinking of seeing it in Dec. HN was dark when we went in May, now it looks like they are dark in Dec when we go. DH really wanted to see it so looking at Hitzville as an alternative.

bristol
Level Contributor
171 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hitsville Planet Hollywood

Just wondered if anyone had any more details on this show at all? Sorry for asking twice!

tyne and wear
Level Contributor
615 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hitsville Planet Hollywood

Just returned from Vegas and went to see this show on Wednesday night. We got our tickets from Tix kiosk and it cost us around $38 each. We were told to take ID to the ticket office at the V theatre at least an hour before the show to collect the tickets, which included a free drink. We got there early and joined the queue, having been told that seats aren't allocated so it is first there first choice of seats. After walking around for hours during the day I have to say I found this wait in the queue horrendous. There was very little room and it was very uncomfortable standing for over an hour.

Now to the show- we thought it was brilliant. Jin Jin Reeves is the main star of the show and has a tremendous voice. She started with a Gladys Knight number and sang it fantastically. There were 2 other female singers who were also very good and 4 male singers who alternated singing as a group or individually. One of the guys sang 'Lets get in on' the Marvin Gaye number and talk about putting his all into it- he certainly rocked the house. The whole of the cast seemed to be having a great time and there was a bit of audience participation with a guy from the crowd being serenaded to 'You make me feel like a natural woman'. He joined in and was great fun. The costumes were stunning and there was a good range of motown songs. I won't spoil it but the Tina Turner tribute was amazing. The show lasted about an hour and a half and as you leave the theatre the cast are waiting outside selling DVDs, T shirts and the photos they took of you as you go to join the queue. A very grumpy guy was twisting very loudly about the bottleneck caused by people trying to get out while the cast tried to sell the goods but I didn't think it was a problem because if you want to purchase at least you get to talk to the cast and I saw Jin Jin autographing someones purchase. I would recommend but be ready for the horrendous queue

bristol
Level Contributor
171 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hitsville Planet Hollywood

Thank you very much sounds up our street!

5. Re: Hitsville Planet Hollywood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2013, 10:17