We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lastminute.com for UK people

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
690 posts
200 reviews
Save Topic
Lastminute.com for UK people

Just booked the Venetian at a really good rate, there is a sale on Lastminute.com using the promotion code OCTOBER15, so whatever you book you get 15% off. So I looked for a hotel for my dates, and up popped the Top Secret Hotels. I looked for 5 star hotels, and one promised me a 650 square feet suite with a King bed and Passaporto di Winter in Venice valued at $1000. Not too difficult to work out which "Top Secret" hotel it was!

1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Lastminute.com for UK people

Thanks for the tip. been looking hard for next year but the only 5 star showing up under "top secret " hotels is the Trump. Maybe officially a five star hotel but one star for location and no stars for atmosphere

gloucestershire
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lastminute.com for UK people

Very very tempted to change my booking, with the 15% off for my five night stay in Jan it works out to be just under £500 (including the check in fee).

Just nervous it is actually the Venitian.....not sure i want to start my gambling before i actually get there,lol.

Hatfield, United...
Level Contributor
635 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lastminute.com for UK people

Just checking does the offer end at the end of the month?

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,932 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lastminute.com for UK people

Hint Lastminute.com is NOT for UK people. Lastminute.co.uk is

Everyone can still buy from Lastminute.com or .co.uk or .ie etc etc. You don't have to be in the UK to do it.

The sale is an open sale, not country specific.

England, United...
Level Contributor
3,412 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lastminute.com for UK people

To the OP, how are you getting the prices in dollars?

When I access lastminute.com it detects my location (in my case UK) and defaults to prices in the local currency, i.e., sterling.

Just wondering if there's a difference between prices for the US website and the UK one? I know there often is with Expedia.

glossop
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lastminute.com for UK people

We have just returned from 7 nights at the vdara booked through lastminute.co.uk we paid £470 and didn't realise until checking out that this price actually included the $196 resort fee so this could be the case for all hotels that charge a resort fee making the price even more competitive.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
690 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lastminute.com for UK people

I wasn't getting the price in dollars - the $1000 dollar pasporto offer was mentioned on the "top secret hotel" that i chose, and that combined with the description of a 650 sq foot suite made me certain that it was the Venetian. It was! So not really a secret at all :-) I don't know when it ends, sorry.

England, United...
Level Contributor
3,412 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lastminute.com for UK people

Oh, I see. My misunderstanding, sorry!

btw looks like the code has expired. At least, that's what I'm getting when I try to use it : (

Wales
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lastminute.com for UK people

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me (hopefully you joandjenuk). My husband and I just returned from a 6 night trip to the Vdara in Vegas. We had to pay the resort fee on checkout. I questioned this as when we booked through lastminute.co.uk last year and stayed at the Cosmopolitan we weren't charged the resort fee, so presumed this was included. There is nothing in lastminute.co.uk terms and conditions that mentions resort fee and it certainly wasn't mentioned when I booked. Can someone help me please, I want to know whether I can get that $170 back!!

swansea
Level Contributor
872 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lastminute.com for UK people

There wasnt a resort fee for Cosmo last yr which is why you were not charged it, unless stated all third party sites exclude resort fees