We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bellagio Conservatory - Meh?

England
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bellagio Conservatory - Meh?

Almost hate to mention it as it always appears on the Top 3 Things to See list, but does anyone share my concern that the Bellagio Conservatory display is not what it used to be? When I first saw it, there were small trains running on tracks 12 feet in the air and on the ground, passing through minature villages with small ponds and even smaller characters. Everything about it was magic, exciting, innovative and fun.

Now, it seems that there is a sameness about it and they just appear to be shuffling around the furniture (oh look, they've got the tree/man there this year), but no inspiration. It looks like its been designed by accountants!

Or maybe I've just been a few too many times and am getting a bit jaundiced. I hope so. Lol.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,572 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,039 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
571 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Maple Ridge, Canada
Level Contributor
139 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bellagio Conservatory - Meh?

I totally agree wih you! We just got back last week from Vegas and I have to say that this was my 1 disappointment in Vegas. Goin to the Conservatory has always been near the top of my must do list, but after our last 2 trips it will defiantly but pushed down the list.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bellagio Conservatory - Meh?

Meh is right. At this point it feels like there is no reason to go back again as it is just the same old same old. Probably still pretty cool for first timers though.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
43,759 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bellagio Conservatory - Meh?

For us, one of the problems is that we often visit Las Vegas in the Spring and Fall, some years multiple times. So we tend to see the same 3 displays. We've seen them so often that we know what they will mostly include. So there is no surprise and less wonder.

And of course we no longer go out of our way to see either the Conservatory or the Fountains. That doesn't mean they are any less magnificant, it just means we've seen them too often.

Boston...
Level Contributor
393 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bellagio Conservatory - Meh?

I agree. They seem to be recycling the same displays yearly. I was there in May and it felt very similar to last year.

I agree I go the same times of the year, therefore I see the same displays.

It would be nice to see the Christmas display.

Shelbyville...
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bellagio Conservatory - Meh?

Visited the B. Cons. for the 1st time in September of this year and I have to admit it wasn't what I was expecting. It was so much smaller than I had thought it would be. Or maybe it was because of the crowd. Wanted to really look at the flowers and plants, but it seemed like someone was always walking in front of me. I love conservatories and I guess I just didn't get that peaceful quiet experience that one associates with such a venue. On the bright side, it was very pretty.

USA
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bellagio Conservatory - Meh?

I was underwhelmed the first time I saw it. I think it was a case of too much buildup from others. It was much smaller than I expected.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bellagio Conservatory - Meh?

It's a neat thing but it wasn't what I expected the first time I went looking for it. I'll be curious to see how similar it is to last year when I go in December.

Canada
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bellagio Conservatory - Meh?

I've been to Vegas approx 30 times and I still visit the Conservatory and watch the Fountains EVERY trip!

The Conservatory is so beautiful and it smells so amazing, that regardless of how many times I've seen it (and yes, many of the same displays are recycled year to year), I just can't get bored of it.

Australia
Level Contributor
449 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bellagio Conservatory - Meh?

I too love the Conservatory at the Bellagio... Its my happy place... like Darmom said the smell is amazing and while I have seen the same Christmas set up for the past 4 -5 years I always love it.

calleefoneeya
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bellagio Conservatory - Meh?

I love looking out over the conservatory from the Bellagio cafe, love the smell when walking through it, always get a bit of a thrill when I first see it--mostly because it is such a part of my Vegas history. I've seen repeats in regard to the display. It's like anything else. If you are familiar enough with it, there is no longer the awe that there was on the first few viewings. I would always recommend a visit to a first-timer there to see the sights. I wouldn't go out of my way to visit it every time I'm in Vegas. Same with the fountain show.