We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mob Museum vs Mob Attraction @ Tropicana?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
61 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Mob Museum vs Mob Attraction @ Tropicana?

Have been planning on visiting the Mob Museum, though I see I'm staying sufficiently close to the Tropicana, which turns the Attraction into an easy option.

Can't fathom investing the time in both. Looking for opinions.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mob Museum vs Mob Attraction @ Tropicana?

Mob Attraction is a little more lighthearted. Mob Museum is more like a real museum, lots of things to read and watch.

As someone who enjoys Las Vegas history and organized crime history, I really loved the Mob Museum. Spent almost 4 hours there. It would be my choice any time, but I recognize that it's not for everyone.

A A
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
106 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mob Museum vs Mob Attraction @ Tropicana?

Visited the MM on Monday. It was worth the money but not exactly what I expected. It's 3 floors of everything mob and law enforcement. Most of it was good but some was cheesy.

I guess I was expecting to see more of the Bugsy Seigal early Vegas mob era.

Prepare to spend a couple of hours their..... free parking which is nice.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
3,365 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mob Museum vs Mob Attraction @ Tropicana?

Haven't been yet, but have seen great reviews for the Mob Museum and a wonderful detailed report about it in NPR.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mob Museum vs Mob Attraction @ Tropicana?

I've been to both and think the Mob Museum downtown is much better. The Mob Attraction has some cheesy interaction and some goofy actors who are trying their best, but the Mob Museum is packed with information and artifacts that are much more interesting from a historical perspective. You also get more Las Vegas history. I spent three hours at the MM and wished I would have stayed longer.

Nevada
Level Contributor
3,234 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mob Museum vs Mob Attraction @ Tropicana?

The Mob Attraction is just that, an attraction. It was so bad that they overhauled it. I thought is was very cheesy.

The Mob Museum is a real museum, allow at least a couple hours, it is very well done. If you have ever been to the Spy Museum in DC, you will like it, it's done by the same people.

Do you want a real museum, or a cheesy attraction, your choice. I would choose the Mob Museum, hands down.

NJ
Level Contributor
61 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mob Museum vs Mob Attraction @ Tropicana?

Incredibly useful perspective, thank you.

Actually even more useful than one of the guidebooks I'd been reading, as that had lead me to believe the interactive aspect with the actors was part of the Museum exhibit, not the Attraction. Unless I'm simply jumbling my facts. I also figured that there was a good chance that TA reviewers could also easily mix up the two. Just like the review that's for Le Cirque restaurant that says it's a good show.

Rancho Cucamonga
Level Contributor
8,220 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mob Museum vs Mob Attraction @ Tropicana?

Mob attraction was the only one I;ve been to so far, but I was dissappointed. I did love the Tony Spilotro family pic's though.

8. Re: Mob Museum vs Mob Attraction @ Tropicana?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2013, 09:17