We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harrahs room clarification please

uk
Level Contributor
400 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Harrahs room clarification please

Stayed at Harrahs last month.

We were initially given a room in the Mardi Gras tower with an awful view. Am I correct in assuming this was a classic? If correct then I expect that the 'luxury' rooms are similar but with a strip view?

Anyway, we didn't much care for the room so requested a switch to the Carnival tower. These rooms seemed slightly larger and much brighter which was preferential to us. Were these just classic, luxury or standard rooms?

Finally, looking on TR we can get comp nights for our next stay in a 'Premium' room ........ I'm sure they've only offered these just to confuse us further. Could you enlighten us as to where these rooms are and are they significantly any better than the ones we've already seen?

Thanks a million for any help. Much appreciated.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,550 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,011 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
565 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
8,483 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harrahs room clarification please

I have booked both Luxury & Premium (comped); my luxury room was small (fine for one) but nicely done w/ the perk of a coffee maker--BUT overlooked the loud Carnival Court.

Next we had a Luxury room booked, asked to NOT be overlooking Carnival Court & got a much larger room, no view, nicely done.

Our next trip we had Premium booked--got virtually same room as 2nd trip.

Always in Mardi Gras Tower.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,211 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harrahs room clarification please

Comped? Ooo, get you! hehe ;)

Pentwater, MI
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harrahs room clarification please

Classic or standard is usually in Carnaval Tower and have not been recently updated. Premium rooms are, by my experience, limited to Mardi Gras tower and have been upgraded with premium beds, flat screen tv, tv in bathroom mirror, and granite counter in the bathroom. All of those rooms are quite small by LV standards.

Luxury upgrades on any of the rooms are to those rooms that are supposed to provide a view. I have had a luxury room assigned without additional cost, but did not feel it was anything special as far as the view (could tell when the Mirage Volcano went off, but not a great vantage point). I would never pay the extra for the luxury option. Premium is a very nice upgrade over the classic however, just ask to be away from the noise from Carnaval Court if you typically want to sleep before 2:00 AM.

south western...
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harrahs room clarification please

I too am a little confused as to what type of room to book. We are going in January, so I expect the pool will be closed and that will avoid any noise coming up from the pool area. The prices increase as follows: classic to luxury to premium. All very reasonably priced, at least in January.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,211 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Harrahs room clarification please

What are you confused about? Premium is better than luxury which is better than classic.

Pentwater, MI
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Harrahs room clarification please

LDN....confusion can come when the poster is considering the offers of comped rooms. CET often comps classic and premium, but seldom luxury as that is their preferred upsell at check in.

Unless a view is really important, Premium is the better choice because you will know it has been renovated.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,211 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Harrahs room clarification please

If comps were the nature of cinderella's confusion I would have hoped she would have said so.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Harrahs room clarification please

We have booked a luxury room for our trip in Jan.Which is the best tower to

ask for dont really want the noise from pool area.Also we are in town while the ces is on what are the chances of a upgrade if any.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
4,437 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Harrahs room clarification please

Ok i stayed in a premium room last year for Lady Gaga's show.

The bed and room was nice but the bathroom was really small.

uk
Level Contributor
400 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Harrahs room clarification please

Thank you all for your answers. Just what I needed.