We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Non-stop flight L.V. to Boston

Teignmouth, United...
Level Contributor
196 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Need Non-stop flight L.V. to Boston

Help! Travelling to Vegas Sept 2013 from UK for a week for my sons wedding then want to visit Boston for say 4 nights before flying back Boston to London, but trying to find direct flights seems almost impossible. There must be some. Also any info re Hotels in Boston that are close for weekend sight seeing but not mega expensive, but suitable for 2 lady travellers. Is it feasable from Boston to take a coach trip for a day i.e. Cape Cod? Any info gratefully received, thanks.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,708 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Non-stop flight L.V. to Boston

Wouldn't the questions be more suited to the Boston forum?

Other than the question about airline schedules. But airline scheudles can can and do change a lot when it's almost a year away.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g60745-i48-Boston_…

When you post in the Boston forum you may want ot define what "mega expensive" means to you.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,029 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Non-stop flight L.V. to Boston

Boston Forum and The Cape Cod forum.

As for airfare. It appears you have access to the internet. Flights are acutally listed on a number of websites, including the airlines, as well as many third party travel sites. There are very few "secret" flights....

Eastern Mass
Level Contributor
980 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Non-stop flight L.V. to Boston

US airways, Southwest

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Non-stop flight L.V. to Boston

Jet blue. Yes, the Cape is roughly 2 hrs from Boston (depending on where on the Cape you're headed).

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,029 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need Non-stop flight L.V. to Boston

"US airways, Southwest"

Neither of these carriers offer non-stop service between Boston and Las Vegas. Further proving that this is a really silly place to inquire about this information in the first place.

birm
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Need Non-stop flight L.V. to Boston

Try for non-stop, not direct.

Look at purchasing a multi-city ticket, London/your home airport-LAS, LAS-BOS, BOS-your home airport. You might also need 2 different airlines. The first flight non--stop to LAS. The second a multi-city ticket including the BOS layover. Almost always cheaper than two tickets one LAS-BOS and the other BOS-home.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,304 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need Non-stop flight L.V. to Boston

The only non-stop, direct flight between Las Vegas and Boston is on JetBlue. In September, they will have 2 flights per day, one in the late morning and one a red-eye that leaves Las Vegas around 11pm.

The flight is just about 5 hours and you lose 3 hours with the time difference. You'll just have to wait for JetBlue's schedule to open up to include September dates. Those flights this past September were in the $350-550 per person range.

Ask you hotel questions on the Boston forum. Boston hotels are expensive, and September is one of the busier months here (leaf peepers and returning college students) but with enough advance preparation, you'll be fine.

Teignmouth, United...
Level Contributor
196 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need Non-stop flight L.V. to Boston

Thanx Diva21, Losvu, pbtriple7, etonthelake for all info. So glad most folks want to share their knowledge. Excuse me mgg42 for no help at all. Yes Ive tried the internet to no avail, so stupidly as a Brit who's used TA for almost 7 years and always found everyone to be fantastic and helpful, I thought Id post the question! Also whilst mentioning Boston thought Id see what useful facts I might get back re Cape Cod and Hotels. Hopefully Diva21 represents Boston better than some. Cheers!

Mass
Level Contributor
1,813 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need Non-stop flight L.V. to Boston

Totally agree with Jet Blue...2 nonstops a day out of BOS. Yes, there are tours out of Boston for many places. Whale watching is a big one ( if you don't mind choppy seas). Google Boston/ Cape tours and I am sure you will find many. Sept is a good time to go to Salem for all the witch stuff, Concord/Lexington, Plymouth (Rock). I am sure there are Cape Cod and historical tours. Since I live here I don't pay attention to the ads, so can't tell you the names of the companies.

Boston...
Level Contributor
480 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Need Non-stop flight L.V. to Boston

Hey BusyLiz,

JetBlue has the only non-stops to Boston but you may want to consider flying into Providence via Southwest. It may save you some money. PVD is about an hour south of Boston.

If hotel cost is a concern consider staying out of the city but on the commuter rail line. Say in Braintree. Use the T to get in & out.

The Cape gets pretty quiet after Labor Day, (first Monday in Sept).

You may want to consider a ferry over to Marthas Vineyard for a day instead.

Its a scenic 1/2 hour crossing from the mainland and once on the Vineyard they have a very good bus service and tours that will take you all over the island.