We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining on Fremont

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
houston
Level Contributor
138 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Dining on Fremont

Any places you would recommend? This would be after a day of exploring the canyon and the first time on Fremont; the rest of the dinners are scheduled for steak/seafood (Joe's Prime seafood, SW @Wynn).

Hoping to find something more economical off the strip, but with good service food and ready for a change of menu!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining on Fremont

For Italian I recommend The Grotto at The Golden Nugget. If you want to go very economical try the chili dog special at Binion's.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,493 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining on Fremont

Tony Roma's at the Fremont Hotel. Excellent!

houston
Level Contributor
138 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining on Fremont

Thank you both!

Sacramento...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining on Fremont

The Flame @ El Cortez

Hugo's Cellar @ 4 Queens- both well-reviewed, highly regarded.

I find the Chart House at Golden Nugget interesting. We have Landry's Select Cards, so it works for us.

Other choices- some good some bad comments from time to time. I have not dined at any of these-

Vic and Anthonys @ GN

Oscars at The Plaza

Binions Steakhouse

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining on Fremont

GN has a couple of good restaurants. The Flame at El Cortez is pretty good too. I would definitely stay away from Tony Roma's! But that is just my opinion.

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dining on Fremont

Hi

Another vote for Flame steakhouse. Had some good meals there. Also like the triple 7 brew pub in Main St Station. For a good cheap meal you can also try Pasta Pirate in the California.

Clive

birm
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dining on Fremont

If you will extend 'Fremont' to 'downtown' consider Nora's for italian or Triple George, check menu online to see if it is enough of a change for you,

St Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
552 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dining on Fremont

Another vote for The Flame!

Try the french onion soup.....enjoy!

Shag Harbour, Canada
Level Contributor
5,281 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dining on Fremont

Tony Roma's sucks on Fremont. Please don't go. The Flame isn't much better, and besides you are already having enough steak elsewhere.

For something different, and economical, consider the Fremont Mediterranean Cafe. I had one of the best Kabobs there I ever had. comes with sides like rice, geek salad, pita and hummus.

I echo the Grotto as well, IMO the best value in all of DT. If you want Italian.

For late night drunken greasy eat's, Binion's Cafe is the best.

birm
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Dining on Fremont

What do you mean by "exploring the canyon'? Will you have driven in from the GC? If so you might be able to dine for even less $ away from the tourist areas. Although both of my suggestions are popular locals places they aren't as cheap as some other options you might have if you're driving in.