We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you chill out in Vegas?

uk
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Can you chill out in Vegas?

Hello

We are coming to Vegas in June for our Honeymoon. The fights were cheaper if we returned to the UK after 2 weeks rather than the 9 days we would have prefered to stay for, so, does anyone know if its possible to do anything relaxing there? Sounds as though its even going to be hectic around the pools from what I have been reading.

We are staying at Orleans and Bellagio.

Thanks!

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,569 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,035 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
570 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Luxury...
357 reviews
from US$299.99*
US$399.00
Park Forest...
Level Contributor
11,488 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you chill out in Vegas?

If you rent a car, it would be easy to take in some of the national parks in the area. You will already be at the Bellagio so you can take in the conservatory there. Both hotels have spas as well and the Orleans has a movie theatre. Hope that's a good enough start.

uk
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you chill out in Vegas?

Thanks Leo21.

A car is a good idea, but i'm having trouble convincing by hubby-to-be to drive on the other side of the road. Plus he has never driven an automatic. Do you know if you can hire manual cars?

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
448 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you chill out in Vegas?

I have totally chilled out in Vegas. I lay out at the pool, read a book, visit the spa, walk the forum shops, drink coffee while people watching and then gamble at night. That way my money lasts longer.

hollywood
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you chill out in Vegas?

It all depends on the prism you look through my friend...

You are on your Honeymoon... nothing in the world should bother you. Big deal, a bit of a search for a lounge chair at the Bellagio... it's paradise. The lounger, your main squeeze, a Meyer's Rum Pina Colada, hand made and delivered to you poolside... what's hectic? Bellagio is great about knowing who is trying to scam a lounger... you'll have no probs.

Have a few romantic dinners, order champagne and chill at the Petrossian at Bellagio... in the eve, stroll a bit... do some quality happy-hours like at Mix, and other venues... then spend the rest of the night in Honeymoon bliss, in your beautiful room. Heaven.

Never been to Orleans... i'm guessing you can do the same, but in a different way...

Of course, in all honesty, i'd personally rather spend two Honeymoon weeks on a beach somewhere.

Why Vegas?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,212 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you chill out in Vegas?

Red Rock Canyon and Hoover Dam are worth seeing.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,296 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you chill out in Vegas?

There are guided bus tours out to Red Rocka and Hoover Dam. Gray Line ((graylinelasvegas.com) is a pretty reputable company and they have many different choices. We like doing that in strange areas because we can really enjoy the scenery instead of having to concentrate on directions. They also have a tour to Lake Mead that includes a boat cruise on the Lake- touristy, I'm sure, but might be fun to do a few of these things as long as you have time.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can you chill out in Vegas?

you can do anything you want in vegas!!!!

i agree, sunbathe, get some spa trtmnts, read a book, people watch, shop, eat..........

i think it just depends on what you make of it.

maybe get to the pool early (around8 or 9am) and it will be quiet enough to read.

we went to the piano bar in paris and found it to be laid back.

Lowestoft, Suffolk
Level Contributor
131 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can you chill out in Vegas?

I'm sure you can hire manual cars at certain places-call round and ask. As for driving on the other side of the road-it's not as hard as you'd think at all. The automatic cars are a doddle to drive...so much easier than a manual and not as fun, imo!

NJ
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can you chill out in Vegas?

How about a trip to the Grand Canyon? It took about 5 1/2 hours each way by bus with stops along the way to do the South Rim trip...they showed a movie or 2, the tour guide was informative and funny, and saw a gorgeous Arizona sunset on the way home. Left Vegas at 6:30 am and returned at 8:30 pm. Or you could do a helicopter trip there, however, I WOULD NOT find that relaxing!!!

Acton, Canada
Level Contributor
11,584 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can you chill out in Vegas?

I have found that getting a libation and people watching is a great way to relax... If you enjoy shopping there are malls all aver Las Vegas, we went to the Boulavard mall.. and the outlet mall just south of the strip... go exploring and enjoy being on you honeymoon