We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me decide where to stay!!

Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Help me decide where to stay!!

Hi everyone, my boyfriend and I are planning a trip to vegas for mid december (probably a week or two before christmas). We have only been to vegas once before and stayed at Planet Hollywood, this time we are looking to "upgrade a little" and stay somewhere different but are having trouble deciding where. We are in our mid twenties, and just looking for a fun time, drinking, gambling, and shopping. Any suggestions would be appreciated!! Thank You!

birm
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me decide where to stay!!

Cosmo

Level Contributor
3,511 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me decide where to stay!!

Budget and dates would help. Mid-December is actually a good time to go to Vegas and get good room rates. That said, Friday and Saturday nights can be 3-5X more expensive than Sun-Thur nights. If you avoid Friday and Saturday nights, whatever your budget is will go much farther.

Places that I consider a significant upgrade from PH: Cosmo, Ceasers. Wynn/Encore, Venetian/Palazzo, Bellagio. These next ones are the next step down, but I still consider better than PH: TI, Paris, Mirage. Finally, since you have visited Vegas already, have you considered staying downtown this time for either part or all of your trip? Golden Nugget Rush tower rooms are fantastic. It will give you a chance to see a different side of Vegas.

Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me decide where to stay!!

Thinking of going the 12th through the 15th so that would be wednesday through a saturday. I was planning it that way since I know that the weekends are much more expensive. I figured that way it would give me a little more flexibility with room rates. I was originally between Ceasers, Cosmo, and Bellagio, but I am open to anything!

4. Re: Help me decide where to stay!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 11:18