We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa di Amore or somewhere else?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, TX
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Casa di Amore or somewhere else?

I booked a reservation for 7:00 on a Saturday night for my husbands birthday. Steak houses have great food and we frequent them in our home city, but they're kind of cold. I'm looking for something that has a bit more character. Here are my current options to give you an idea of what I'm looking at. I've never been to any of these and only know what I see from their website. I realize Charlie Palmer's is a steakhouse, but the Cut of the Week seems like a great option if the place doesn't suck. Let me know your opinions on the ones below or if you have a better suggestion. I'm staying at Ceasar's, so if there's a restaurant there that is great, let me know. I'd like to get dressed up and make him feel special :) I'd like to keep the cost at $100 for 2 entrees and 1 dessert. (I love a good Prixe Fix if you know of any!)

Casa Di Amore

The Barrymore

Charlie Palmer steakhouse las vegas

Edited: 14 November 2012, 20:06
California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,388 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa di Amore or somewhere else?

Casa Di Amore is an experience, not just a meal or even dining out. It's not the best Italian restaurant in Las Vegas, but the food is good. You will spend as much time looking and listening asa you will eating.

It isn't fair to compare a regular restaurant.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
24,144 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa di Amore or somewhere else?

If you want a "if walls could talk" place with the best Italian in The Valley go to Pieros.

CdA is average at best.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
8,557 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa di Amore or somewhere else?

The Grotto at the Golden Nugget is decent.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa di Amore or somewhere else?

Having only eaten at Casa I can only give my view on that one. We loved it. Food was good (not amazing but good) and we loved the old school feel vibe.

I'll definitely try another place when we go back, but we had no complaints and really enjoyed Casa Di Amore!

Enjoy

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,643 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa di Amore or somewhere else?

Il Mulino is located in Caesar's Forum Shoppes upper level. The cost for 2 entrees and dessert will be less than $100. That would not include tip or wine. He should feel pretty special if you decide on this fine Italian Restaurant.

At least walk past the place. It is excellent. Getting dressed up is a good idea, but not required.

Edited: 14 November 2012, 22:16
Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
767 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa di Amore or somewhere else?

As one other poster put it ...our personal experience only:

Went to Casa Di Amore at end of August and it rates as the worst (not one of the worst) experience as far as food quality goes. It was literally inedible! (I'll eat anything and I ate about 25% my wife ate <1%). The limo was a disaster all the way around. The restaurant itself is ok in terms of atmiosphere and service, but as someone else said on another thread about this, we felt like captives.

My best advice to you is to pay the $20-$25 for a cab and go to Nora's Cuisine it is excellent! Much cheaper food prices, excellent choice, nice busy atmosphere and pleasant setup and excellent service. I once at at the Gold Nugget many tears ago and they had excellent food and service as well, so the Grooto reccomend is probably good.

I have never accuses any restaurant of padding their reviews but I am strongly suspicious of Casa in this regard, either that or the patrons who reviewed have never been to a decent Italian Restaurant (I notice a lot are UK reviews). My wife and I eat Italian almost exclusively and are always on the lookout for good places and in my opinion Casa was about 100 out of the top 100 we have eaten at (including Pizza Hut and Olive Garden which is actually ok in a pinch!).

Seriously...check out the Reviews for Nora's...there isn't a bad one for a reason and it is a Vegas local spot not a tourist trap. (please consider that you will probably tip the limo driver at least $20 each way anyway).

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g45963-d42…

Shelbyville...
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa di Amore or somewhere else?

I wouldn't go back to Casa di Amore If they Paid Me! The food and service both were unacceptable and you will feel captive if it's not your cup of tea. It was a total waste of time and $$. We went for our 30th wedding anniversary, as our very first date was at a local Italian Rest. Casa was a huge disappointment. Do yourself a big favor and go anywhere else.

I'm usually pretty forgiving when it comes to a bad experience at a restaurant, but this one is way too hyped. Just MHO.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
3,107 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa di Amore or somewhere else?

We went to Casa last year to celebrate a birthday and had a great time. The food was good, the singer was fun and the limo was great. A very enjoyable time.

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,314 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Casa di Amore or somewhere else?

Ditto the positive remarks about Casa. Not the best place in Vegas but for the price, it's a fun, good place to eat.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Casa di Amore or somewhere else?

Alright. I'm over Casa Di Amore. I want something a little more special for my husband's birthday. Any thoughts on the other 2 I mentioned? The Barrymore or Charlie Palmer?