We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I wait till after the new year to book room

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Should I wait till after the new year to book room

We are looking at a visit the first week of April, many of the specials right now run till the end of the year or through like Feb, would it be a better idea to hold off booking a room till after the new year?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,334 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I wait till after the new year to book room

"would it be a better idea to hold off booking a room till after the new year?"

The best rates are normally available around 3 months in advance so for April 2013 it would be best to wait until after new year although you can of course book at any time to lock in a rate as long as you make sure it's a refundable, cancel without penalty, option.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,867 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I wait till after the new year to book room

We go many years the 1st week of April and October, and those are the most frustrating times of the year for rates. Not because the rates are higher, but because the best rates and offers come out later.

The fact that the weather is changing and Las Vegas is coming into it's best period (especially in October) might be a factor. But I suspect that it has a lot more to do with the fact that they are the start of a new business Quarter for the corporations.

So I will usually make a FULLY-REFUNDABLE reservation directly with a hotel about 90 days in advance to lock in a rate, and then wait for better offers.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,980 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should I wait till after the new year to book room

I would wait until Jan or Feb for best promos.

4. Re: Should I wait till after the new year to book room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 17:17