We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown or strip - solo female

surrey
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Downtown or strip - solo female

First solo trip to Vegas. Mid 50s female. Not a gambler. Like walking, seeing new things and music. Any thoughts on whether staying downtown or on the strip would be more solo friendly.

Kitchener Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown or strip - solo female

I would suggest breaking up the 2. Stay some DT and some strip. IMHO to do both fully it is better to stay at each.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
3,107 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown or strip - solo female

The Strip, you'll love the variety of sites, people and food. If time allows go downtown one evening, but stay under the canopy. I'm a female and often go solo and while I've never had issues downtown, I prefer not to stay there alone.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,381 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown or strip - solo female

The strip has a lot more to offer if you really like walking. Downtown is fine but wouldn't keep you occupied for days as a non-gambler.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,715 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Downtown or strip - solo female

Strip. If you have more than 3-4 days take a trip Downtown for a couple hours one evening. But if not a gambler, Downtown might not have much appeal for an extended stay for you.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Downtown or strip - solo female

Definitley the strip.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,860 posts
1,023 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Downtown or strip - solo female

Stay on the Strip but check out Fremont Street one evening.

Ontario
Level Contributor
557 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Downtown or strip - solo female

I'm 51 and just recently did a solo trip (a couple of wks ago).......I would definitely recommend the strip! I did go downtown one night to meet some members of another board, but I would have been more uncomfortable wandering about downtown alone than the strip.

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Downtown or strip - solo female

I usually go solo. I would recommend The Strip. I've been downtown once and with my sister and I did not get at "warm fuzzy".

I enjoy solo on The Strip.

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Downtown or strip - solo female

I like downtown but alone I'd pick the strip. I am a big chicken though.

Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
6,134 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Downtown or strip - solo female

Not a gambler? Don't stay downtown. There's little else to do. For one evening, sure, you can catch the light show, listen to the bands, have a few drinks. For more than that, no way. You'll be bored out of your mind and taking the bus or a taxi to the strip.