We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

50% off Boyd rooms, but website down!?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
503 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
50% off Boyd rooms, but website down!?

I have received an email offering rooms at Boyd properties for 50% off. This offer ends at midnight tonight (26th Nov). However, when I follow the link to book at MSS, check which dates are available and obtain further details the website states -

Due to system maintenance, our on-line reservation system is temporarily unavailable.

Yes, I could call the States just to check but I wondered if anyone else had this issue. Is it a way of getting customers to call rather than book online? Is the website overwhelmed?

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,412 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 50% off Boyd rooms, but website down!?

It's possible they are overwhelmed, although the rates weren't that fantastic. You might try making the reservation through your Bconnected account instead.

Level Contributor
3,510 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 50% off Boyd rooms, but website down!?

I have existing upcoming reservations for Sams Town and Fremont hotel. I logged onto the B-connected website without issue. Rates for Sams Town were truly 50% off what I had already reserved at. Rates for Fremont (rates were identical for Cal and MSS) were actually more than what I had previously reserved at. It appears that MSS, Cal, and Fremont raised their prices before reducing them 50% off - A trick many retail stores perform to advertise a sale.

Needless to say, I kept the Fremont reservation the same as I had. I called the 800 number on my Sams Town reservation confirmation and they gladly lowered the price to the new one for me.

3. Re: 50% off Boyd rooms, but website down!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 06:16