We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel prices go up 7th 8h 9th Jan

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel prices go up 7th 8h 9th Jan

Hi

Are planning to come to Vegas as part of a trip from UK on 5th Jan 2013 and stopping for 6 nights.Will be our 3rd trip. Have been deciding on which hotel and noticed all the prices seem to go up for the 3 nights above? Is there any reason?

Also trying to decide on a Hotel. Budget is about $100/$120 per night (including resort fee)

Have stopped at The Mirage & TI before and loved both. Quite fancy NYNY of MGM Signature or..... oh I cant decide. I chose The Mirage last time from recommendations on here and was not dissapointed.

TIA

Ellie

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel prices go up 7th 8h 9th Jan

CES, one of the year's biggest conventions, takes place then. Hotel rates go through the roof over those dates.

Edited: 02 December 2012, 11:29
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,806 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel prices go up 7th 8h 9th Jan

I'd consider changing your dates to avoid clashing with CES - not only are you going to pay more for your rooms you'll find everywhere busier - moving even a week will get you a lot more for your $$$.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel prices go up 7th 8h 9th Jan

Ahh that figures then. Might have to look at juggling some dates around.

Its hard work planning these trips lol.

Need to get my thinking cap on.

What about Hotels (on different dates) any suggestions around my budget?

TIA

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel prices go up 7th 8h 9th Jan

I'm going on Jan 12th and we are staying part of our trip in a MGM Spa Suite and really didn't pay a lot for it...I think your budget would stretch to that or an executive suite.

I got the deals from smartervegas, take a look.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel prices go up 7th 8h 9th Jan

I keep this website bookmarked

lasvegasconventionservices.com/las-vegas-con…

Helps with planning if you want to avoid convention crowds and pricing.

On the flip side, I have used it to my advantage. Pick a convention around your target dates. Go to that event website and you might find hotel discount codes, etc

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel prices go up 7th 8h 9th Jan

That's great, thank you. Will have a look at those links now

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,558 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel prices go up 7th 8h 9th Jan

Ellie - did you or your spouse gamble at all last trip & get a players card? If so, it might be well worth investigating to see if you can get a discounted rate on your players card. I know you would like to try something new, but if you can go on the dates you want and still afford it comfortably, then staying where you did before at a discount might be worth it.

I'm a CET girl so my responses won't be of much value as you seem to like the mLife hotels better. I really enjoy Paris (standard & Red) and Flamingo GO. I just like center strip so much better (and yes I have stayed at both extreme ends).

Edited: 02 December 2012, 16:18
Orange County
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel prices go up 7th 8h 9th Jan

Ces!! where room rates can jump upwards of 250%+. It's THE biggest convention in town for the year. I believe it was upwards of near 160k people last year.

Edited: 02 December 2012, 16:22
Los Angeles...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel prices go up 7th 8h 9th Jan

The best time to go to Vegas is always the week or two before Christmas. That's when I'm going. :D

Anyways, Vegas is empty during this time and hotel rates are cheap(you can go to NYNY for about 58 dollars a night), but take caution, there are lots of black dates during this time for the shows(especialy the cirque do soleeil)

Edited: 06 December 2012, 16:45
Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
5,871 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel prices go up 7th 8h 9th Jan

250%? We stayed at TI right before CES this year and the price of our room during CES was TEN TIMES higher than we paid!