We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palazzo September 2013 - book with 3rd party in UK?

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Palazzo September 2013 - book with 3rd party in UK?

Hi

We are going to LV next September (8th-19th) and have seen the Palazzo available for under £1000 on a UK website yet the hotel and US websites are showing the equivalent of £2000.

Is this a case of too good to be true or do you think I shoud grab it?

Steenie

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palazzo September 2013 - book with 3rd party in UK?

What third party? That's the important question. If they're one you trust and you're happy with the small print then that's fine. But it's a long, long way in advance to book and the huge price difference makes me suspicious. I always prefer to book direct with the hotel, but I have saved money by booking through BA, Virgin, expedia and booking.com in the past. I've never saved 50% or anything close though. More like 5-10%, and usually only by paying in full upfront.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Palazzo September 2013 - book with 3rd party in UK?

The price is for a luxury suite and is available through Kenwood Travel whom I have heard of but never booked with. They are ATOL and ABTA registered

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
690 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palazzo September 2013 - book with 3rd party in UK?

I've booked through third party websites in the UK and despite what people on hear say, I've usually got much better deals than via the hotel's own website

Boston
Level Contributor
2,666 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palazzo September 2013 - book with 3rd party in UK?

That's a good price (around $142/night average), but not so out of line that it's impossible. The difference is, the Palazzo itself will never quote such a low rate so far out in advance.

I note however, when you get to the first quote page and then click on the View Holiday link, they have two prices for each type of room. This also occurs sometimes on US travel websites, and indicates the lower price is some sort of special deal.

It looks like the deposit is only £100. If you feel like the outfit is legit and doesn't have a record of "accidentally" posting incorrect prices, I'd go ahead and book it.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Palazzo September 2013 - book with 3rd party in UK?

Thanks for your views.

You are right Swearingen there are 2 prices shown - I rang up and they confirmed the lower price included a special discount.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
3,107 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palazzo September 2013 - book with 3rd party in UK?

Does that include the Resort fee?

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Palazzo September 2013 - book with 3rd party in UK?

No - the resort fees aren't included.

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
233 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palazzo September 2013 - book with 3rd party in UK?

price about right. check travelbag.co.uk. its price for your dates £918 plus resort fee

Level Contributor
229 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Palazzo September 2013 - book with 3rd party in UK?

I booked with lowcostusa used them this year and was no problems and great price so rebooked with them for next year. 7nights may 28-4th June 870pound per person good price in my opinion

Romford
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Palazzo September 2013 - book with 3rd party in UK?

If this is Kenwood travel in EC1 this company made all the travel and accommodation arrangements for my family to visit Las Vegas for my daughter's wedding earlier this year.

I was so pleased with the service and prices this company supplied that I am returning to Las Vegas in 2013 ,to celebrate my 40th wedding anniversary ,and once again have used this firm for all of my arrangements.