Dates: 11/21 to 11/28 - The Orleans 4 nights, then Flamingo 3 nights
Background: Senior Woman, Solo Trip, 30+ trips to Vegas.
I am not a foodie and basically play slots non-stop and donate my money.
Shuttle from Airport to the Orleans:
(Cost $9 to off strip casinos one way). 8 of us got on the shuttle at the same time. I assumed we would be waiting until the shuttle filled up, but the driver left right away. This was the Showtime Shuttle.
I arrived around 2 pm and my room was ready. I had room 1769 with a view of the mountains. The room was spotless and I like the décor because it has calming colors. The room is not fancy but has a flat screen TV, coffee maker which is a plus. [See photo]
I ate mainly at the buffet which was ok. I usually had breakfast which was free using my slot points or $4.99 with a player’s card. I would just have coffee, a made to order omelet, tons of bacon, fresh fruit and hash browns. You can’t beat the price.
Most nights I ate at Fuddruckers or subway at the food court.
The casino was packed during the Thanksgiving Holiday. .
Vendors on the Walkways
1. Prada Eye Glasses are being sold on the walkways for $10. I saw many people purchasing them. I assume they are knock offs, but the style and quality is pretty good.
2. Water & Cans of soda were being sold for $1. Most only sell water, but I found a few selling cans of soda so a purchased a coke.
3. There were a few porn slappers but not as much as there were last summer.
Flamingo, Room 26-045 [see photo]
This was my first stay at the Flamingo and it won’t be my last hopefully.
I had a view of the Habitat, the LINQ construction project and the pool. [See photo]
You can view the white cone shaped structure that looks like the start of the Ferris wheel legs?? People will probably ask for a LINQ view when it is completed.
I loved my room and view. The TV in the bathroom mirror was cool. Since I am lazy I enjoyed the automatic drapes. Floor to ceiling windows and coffee maker were a plus. The room’s carpet was clean, but one of two beige chairs had seen better days. It had an iron burned mark imprinted on the seat cushion. Light beige chairs are always a bad choice. The room was quiet even though I had a connecting door to the other room.
Pizza at the restaurant near the habitat was pretty good
Johnny Rockets – had hamburger and fries for $10, it was ok
DRINKS – since a very small bottle of liquor was $17 in the gift shop I purchase a big can of Bud light brand Margarita with a twist (Lime-a-Rita) for $5.50. It was surprisingly very tasty and very strong.
I was spoiled staying off strip where the liquor and food are so cheap.
The casino was pretty crowded each day with a fun crowd. I would stay again but only in a Go Room. The Fab Rooms have hard wood floors and I hate walking on wood.
For the entire stay it was in the 70’s during the day and around 50 or less at night. The temperature drops quickly as soon as the sun sets.
BIG WIN FOR STRANGER. [See photo]
1. My first night at the Flamingo I checked in and went to my room and made my first visit into the Flamingo Casino. As I exited the room elevator into the casino a woman was a getting bonus rounds on a loud slot machine with a few people watching. I asked what the deal was and they said the lady had won over 100 free spins and so far she won $4,000. I then stayed a watch her finish her free spins and took a photo. She won at little more than $5,000. After the slot attendant appeared, very quickly I might add, I left. The machine is located right next to elevators to the rooms. I did play it twice and never got a bonus round.
2. Someone was playing a Konami slot machine near me at the Flamingo and won $2,000 and something playing $1.20. [no photo]
Win for me :) [See photo]
At the Bellagio I was playing a Konami China Shores Slot machine, 30 cents a spin and I won $592 with more than 360 free spins – it seemed like 50% of the spins I won nothing. It was fun watching all the spins.
I also won $198 playing 30 cents on the same slot with 178 free spin at Caesars. (These machines are located near the check in area. At the same time there were 2 people sitting on both sides of me that won over $200 without any free spins playing $1.20 each. It was fun since all our machines were paying off at the same time. I am officially addicted to these machines. I love their bonus rounds with all the bells and whistles.
I also lost a lot too : )o
I had a good time, but came home with a little money. I wasted a lot of it putting it back into these addicting slot machines. Thank goodness there are no casinos near me : )
The ridership has really decreased since my last visit. I was on there at noon and there was only 4 people on the whole train, I return around 4 pm and there were only about 10 people on the entire train if that. I think with the free tram from Bellagio to Monte Carlo there is no need to take the monorail up the strip when you can take the tram for free.
LVH – Las Vegas Hotel formerly Las Vegas Hilton is beyond dead. Who thought of the name Las Vegas Hotel? I mean how boring. I entered the hotel at the monorail entrance and as I walked thru I though it was closed down. Inside was dark, but you could see a light shinning from a distance. My guess is this dark area might be a bar or some type of club at night and during the day they just close the lights off. Not a great impression for anyone using the monorail entrance. The Slot area is still there once you past the club area and walk up the incline. I think there were 10 people in the entire casino. I stayed a few hours playing some of the Konami Slot machines.