We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flamingo

Rossendale, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Flamingo

I have booked a FAB delux room for Sept 2013 for 11 nights, but after reading reviews and people moaning about the flamingo in general I am having 2nd thoughts? Is it worth an upgrade to a GO delux room? After all it is only somewhere to sleep and shower, not like we will be staying in the room all holiday!

birm
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flamingo

Read all comments, pro & con. I make no excuses for not liking The Flam. It is dirty, in disrepair and has bad blackjack rules.

I bet for 11 nights you DO do more than just sleep in your room, you will want to relax and take a break.

I'm in the group that wont stay even though it could be free. Others will rave about the property.

Rossendale, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flamingo

Thanks for your reply lol we will be chilling by the pool most days, where would you reccommend?

Michigan
Level Contributor
6,888 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flamingo

dump

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
5,803 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flamingo

Stayed 3 nights in October had no issues but we weren't expecting 5 star

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flamingo

Hi

I must admit, never stayed there but have been in a few times (to see the birds) and we just don't like the common area's so would never wish to book a room there. I do feel the place has a run down feel to it. If I had to stay there then personally I would have the best room I could afford. I'm sure you will have a good time whatever though!

Clive

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flamingo

Hi

For us there are many nicer hotel's on the strip but they most likely cost more. There will be no good prices for Sept 2013 out yet, way too early. For a great pool area I would choose MGM or Mandalay Bay. The Flamingo has the monorail right next to it.

Clive

Cincy
Level Contributor
511 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flamingo

We have stayed in both a Go and Deluxe room at Flamingo. We do like the pool area and have had no issues with our rooms. However, we know the difference between say the Wynn and Flamingo and don't expect Wynn when at Flamingo. So, if you are fine with a standard room no frills and not recently remodeled you will be fine at Flamingo.

The pool is nice, but can be crowded. They have weird rules about brining in water and drinks. They did really check out my bottled water.

Rossendale, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flamingo

What kind of room did you stay in john?

Nevada
Level Contributor
3,234 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Flamingo

When you are staying 11 nights, you would appreciate the extras that a Go room has, such as a frig, coffee maker, body jets in the shower, and a cute tv in the mirror in the bath. Well worth the upgrade.

Go deluxe has views of the pool area, Go Luxury has view of the strip.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,480 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flamingo

Do yourself a favor and stay in a decent hotel, but then again it’s all in what ones accustomed to. .