We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYE Firework Plans Announced

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,890 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
NYE Firework Plans Announced

lvrj.com/news/plans-announced-for-las-vegas-…

"The city's mayor, a Clark County commissioner and a host of coordinators with the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority had a hard time containing their enthusiasm Thursday as they ticked off the names of the seven hotels" from which the NYE fireworks will be shot.

Unfortunately, due to the most amazing incompetence in reporting, the newspaper did not bother to list the seven hotels from which the fireworks will be shot. But the Review-Journal did report that the seven hotels were in fact announced -- we just weren't told by the newspaper which hotels they are. There was NO sidebar revealing this information -- I carefully checked. They did let slip that the Trop is NOT one of the seven.

So the mystery continues! I expect that the Review-Journal will update the on-line article to list the seven, once it discovers its incompetence (which readers have already pointed out).

Edited: 21 December 2012, 05:38
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,547 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,006 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
565 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYE Firework Plans Announced

LOL that they didn't list the hotels where you state their incompetence. LOL

birm
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: NYE Firework Plans Announced

So if the LVRJ story wasn't enough for you why not go to the official Las Vegas Events website? You're on the internet, use it effectively, in a few seconds a search will satisfy your need to solve this so-called "mystery".

Mystery, really? The locations are known.

lasvegasevents.com/pdf/signature-events/sige…

London
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NYE Firework Plans Announced

There's a pdf map on the LVRJ page...

birm
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: NYE Firework Plans Announced

Even easier than performing a search as I did, once I read the article it's quite easy to:

click on the blue link that says

"Download the map" showing locations of fireworks displays on the Strip on New Year's Eve. (774k)

This link is provided, along with a small picture of the map, next to the article.

Transparently Mike45LC just missed it.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
9,890 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NYE Firework Plans Announced

LOSVU: They added the link to the pdf map hours after I posted the link and report here. When the newspaper article was first posted in the on-line version of the paper, there was no link to the map.

My complaint was about the incompetence of the Review-Journal, which I unfortunately rely on for information. I had no desire to do an internet search to ferret out the information. I should be able to rely on my local newspaper to keep me informed.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
10,978 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NYE Firework Plans Announced

right on Mike45LC.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
5,017 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: NYE Firework Plans Announced

Yep, agree with Mike on that one.

But, as smart as I am, which isn't very, I picked all but one. Thought maybe Mandalay would be one instead of Venetian or Planet Hollywood.

Kitchener Ontario...
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NYE Firework Plans Announced

Hulk 2 of 7 are already MGM properties. Would look biased lol

Edited: 21 December 2012, 20:40
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
5,017 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NYE Firework Plans Announced

Haha, true. Gotta share the love.

10. Re: NYE Firework Plans Announced

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2013, 05:17