We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 nights from the UK - worth it

Nottingham, UK
Level Contributor
281 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
3 nights from the UK - worth it

We are potentially looking at a last minute booking, flying on Friday until Monday

It will be our first time in Vegas and we are gamblers, is it worth it? We can't stay longer as we haven't been able to get the time off work.

Has anyone done a 3 day weekend UK - Vegas??

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,549 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,006 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
565 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
902 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: 3 nights from the UK - worth it

12 hours doesn't seem that outlandish (hence why I put it as my suggestion). Six hours each leg for connections and the fact that the two flights combined would have a longer flying time.

I've flown indirect before and my next flight to Vegas is indirect. Sure, with all things being equal you can usually find a flight with a 2-3 hour layover at most but booking a couple of days in advance would suggest to me that you'd struggle to get a great connection.

Cockermouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: 3 nights from the UK - worth it

Amsterdam and JFK for my next trip in a month, upgraded to business class with miles. They can take all the time in the world for me.

Having said that i usually fly with the 2 hour stop over in ATL, i think it adds around 4 hours on the direct time. if you can sleep on the plane it makes the world of difference.

Brighton
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: 3 nights from the UK - worth it

I'm really glad you're going for it. Life is too short to delay trips until everything's perfect.

There are oxygen bars all over Vegas, including downstairs in Bally's. As I discovered by accident last trip, oxygen is a great way to beat jet lag. Go to the bar after checking in and again before flying out. It's the first time I didn't have problems and I normally crash out for a few days because of the time change - it made all the difference.

Have a fantastic trip!

Nottingham, UK
Level Contributor
281 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: 3 nights from the UK - worth it

Thanks everyone, great tip about the oxygen bar, I will certainly be trying that.

Nottmgal, we came into an unexpected sum of money, hence why we can afford it. We have wanted to go for years but have never had the cash. We have paid £1800 for 3 nights for 2 people in a suite, flying direct.

Sandra - thats exactly the plan, we are going again as we want to renew our wedding vows there, that will be the end of next year now I would imagine.

So excited, less than 24 hours till the fight

Nottingham
Level Contributor
1,159 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: 3 nights from the UK - worth it

That's a great last minute deal Kookie. Have a fabulous time!

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: 3 nights from the UK - worth it

Hi

Have a great time. Our 1st ever trip was only 5 nights because that was all the time we could spare. It was the start of returning every year now, it is addictive. On our 1st trip we only gambled very little, hardly at all really. There is so much to see and do, no time to just sit at a machine or table!!!

Have fun

Clive

Ohio
Level Contributor
3,000 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: 3 nights from the UK - worth it

When you get back, please come back here and give us the details of your trip !

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,903 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: 3 nights from the UK - worth it

kookie - have a wonderful time. Money's meant for spending don't matter how you get it. Have a cracking trip !!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: 3 nights from the UK - worth it

Go for it...

We have done this many times taking direct flights from Manchester. If you can afford it, upgrade on return leg for flat bed so you can get some shut eye after what will be an exhausting but brilliant trip.

Personally 5/7 days suits us best

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: 3 nights from the UK - worth it

If it's 3 nights or nothing....grab the 3 nights with both hands and go hard!

If flying Virgin....you arrive in the afternoon....get stuck straight into it, stay up as late as your body will allow.

You will be awake at 5am on day 2.....go, go, go, gamble, gamble gamble.

Grab some sleep somewhere along the line.....then day 3 go, go, go again.

Departure day you'll need to be at the airport a bit after lunch.....but you still have the full morning to play.

Sleep on the flight home.....or slep when you're dead as they say!

cheers

shirl'