We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airline Tickets

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
PembrokePines...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Airline Tickets

Prices from Ft Lauderdale, Florida to Vegas June8th 2013 around $510.00 (Southwest Non-Stop) for 8. What do you think? Book now or wait. As far as I can tell this is the only non-stop (except red-eye) so a little worried that for 8 people maybe should book now? Give me some advise, thanks Jim

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airline Tickets

I personally would wait on booking, that price is rather high. I would think that those prices may drop in the next few months and since you aren't going until June, you still have plenty of time.

Fort Wayne, IN
Level Contributor
502 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airline Tickets

$510 each or $510 for 8 tix?

Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
1,801 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airline Tickets

I doubt if its $510 for 8 tix, but if it is, I'd be all over that like a spider monkeye on a cupcake.

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,901 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airline Tickets

I highly doubt it's a $63.75 RT. The $510 is for each person RT.

It will be hard to get 8 tickets in one low fare bucket. Have you tried to book 3,4, or 5 tickets alone. There may be a lower fare available for a few tickets but not 8.

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,901 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airline Tickets

Can you fly to LAS on Friday rather than Saturday? Your fare will drop considerably.

Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airline Tickets

I've flown to Vegas twice from Fort Lauderdale, once this past October and last March and paid $250 RT each time on Spirit. Now, it IS Spirit, which is the bottom of the barrel, but I've seen prices around $280-$300 on Delta and United. I'm planning another trip now, for March again, and prices are around $340. So if I were you, I'd keep looking. Hope this helps!

PembrokePines...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Airline Tickets

510.00 is per person, the problem is this is the only non-stop that isnt red-eye

Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airline Tickets

The Spirit flight that we take out (777, lol) leaves at 8:05 and lands in Vegas at 10:30 ish, which works for us because we usually leave on a weekday after work. The non-stop home is a tough red-eye. This time I'm looking for an earlier return flight. I don't know how firm you are on flying only non-stop, but there are a few return flights with layovers under an hour.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,663 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airline Tickets

"Can you fly to LAS on Friday rather than Saturday? Your fare will drop considerably."

Actually on Southwest the rates are almost always lower on Staurday than Friday.

Bender: This is Southwest, not the other airlines. If you book now and the rate goes down (check every day) all you do is have your flight switched to the lower rate and you will receive a full credit for the difference. Southwest does not charge any fees for changes or cancellations.

10. Re: Airline Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2014, 23:15