We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

newbie to las vegas need help!

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
newbie to las vegas need help!

Hi everyone

I'm lookin into goin to las Vegas around middle of April but am on a budget of about £500 for flight and hotel for around 4 days, is this possible?

Also where would people say is the best place to stay on that kind of budget? I was hoping for one of the hotels on the strip but not sure if it will be to pricey!

Any advice will be well appreciated!

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,075 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: newbie to las vegas need help!

"I'm lookin into goin to las Vegas around middle of April but am on a budget of about £500 for flight and hotel for around 4 days, is this possible? "

Sorry but I don't think your budget is enough - direct flights are normally around £700 with indirect flights nearer £500.

You might be lucky to get a cheap package deal if you have flexibility over dates and not fussy about where to stay - visit your high street travel agent to see what they can offer.

ireland
Level Contributor
768 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: newbie to las vegas need help!

I think 500 would be a good price for the flight on its own. Good luck!

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: newbie to las vegas need help!

An in-direct flight with hotel package would be cheapest. Look at Expedia, Lastminute/Travelocity and others. Maybe the Quad Delux room for your first trip. Very central. Hooters, Circus Circue, Strat. are to far away from the action. Downtown and use the Bus (40min) each way is a possibility.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,835 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: newbie to las vegas need help!

I been able to score some good hotel deals by booking through Expedia (the Canadian website) using their "hotel + flight" option.

I just went on Expedia.co.uk and checked out "flight + hotel" for April 15 - 19 (which should be a cheaper option 'cos you'd be arriving on a Monday and leaving on Thursday, thus avoiding the more expensive weekend nights) - leaving from Gatwick. The cheapest I can find is Circus Circus, a three star hotel which is, I believe, at the far end of the Strip .... and it's coming in at just over 800 quid. It's about 100 quid cheaper if you only stay three nights - but boy, that's a long way to come for such a short visit.

I'm absolutely NOT a Vegas expert but I tend to concur with the previous two posters, that's an awfully tight budget unless you're lucky enough to find some sort of package or special deal. Presumably your quoted budget doesn't include food and fun (shopping, shows,gambling) because if you're trying to do it all on 500 quid, I really don't think it's even remotely possible.

Just a caution if you can expand your budget and decide to go the Expedia route - their customer service sucks and you need to check, double check and triple check ALL the details before you click on that "book it" button .... because if you screw up and/or you need to make changes after the fact, well, good luck with that.

England
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: newbie to las vegas need help!

Nope not possible. The cheapest I've ever seen flights was 485 and its rare to find them that cheap, especially with flight tax rises. You can't get flights and hotel for 500.

Up your budget a little and you're sorted. Try ballys, harrahs or the quad for cheap centre strip accomodation.

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: newbie to las vegas need help!

Pick any downtown property on Freemont Street, not the motels. Plaza is nice too. El Cortez I like but not for everyone.

But most people recommend the Strip for first timers, me included, but your budget is tight. Cheap eats downtown though.

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: newbie to las vegas need help!

I have rooms booked in January at Mandalay Bay, Monte Carlo, Flamingo and the Rio. In March I will go to the Quad and Monte Carlo. I will enjoy them all. Look at the Quad and a flight of total time 16h - one stop. .

Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: newbie to las vegas need help!

If you can get it for 500 please let me know as I will book also lol!

I think you would be better off waiting a couple more months maybe go in July / August of you can and that will give you time to save the extra 250-350 required to get out there as if you go for cheap accommodation downtown you could probably get there for around 800quid.

Let us know how you get on best of luck

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
540 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: newbie to las vegas need help!

Seriously?? You're asking if you can do flights, 4 days hotel, food &bev on a budget of roughly 815$ US. With all due respect you have no idea what you're doing.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
289 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: newbie to las vegas need help!

You can get really cheap hotels on the strip but you should probably do some research yourself on expedia, virgin, BA and hotel,etc websites and then you will see how much it is likely to cost. You are most likely going to need more than £500 as flights are pricey as previous posters have also told you.