We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Friends

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fife, Scotland
Level Contributor
915 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Friends

Why can't my friends make up their minds about going to Vegas?

Probably a rhetorical question but really frustrating!

I have offered to use some of my air miles and also some of my offers and I know that they are not strapped for cash so why delay????

I hate waiting to find out if I can go

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
452 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Friends

Someone is about to post on here...this isn't a travel question, so don't post your personal questions on here.....

BUT I'm not that person!

I have the opposite problem right now with one friend. Can get the time off, no funds for the air fare...and would love to go. So send him the air miles!!! :-)

I think if your friends are that wishy washy about going to Vegas, they may not be that much fun in Vegas. Keep asking around.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
955 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Friends

Easy solution: Go by yourself! Many people do and really enjoy it.

Have fun!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Friends

Have they been before? because when my friends wanted to go I hesitated because I didn't really know much about Vegas until I got there and was addicted!

Fort Wayne, IN
Level Contributor
502 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Friends

bhlister - You know how tight us Fifers can be! ;)

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Friends

They are afraid to commit or just genuinely might not want to go at all. Give them a deadline, such as noon this Monday.

Hermitage...
Level Contributor
765 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Friends

My friends asked me to go for several years, but I always chose the beach instead. Well, I finally decided to give Vegas a chance, and I am hooked! I have been there twice in less than two years, and have another trip booked for June. If I could afford to go more often I would. Tell your friends that they won't regret giving it a shot.

Brighton
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Friends

Good idea to set a deadline (love your new avatar, Rufus) - you can always stress you have to book before the airline sales are over so they understand why you want to book by a set time.

Gives them an excuse to wriggle out if they're not that keen on going - and you won't miss out on your own trip.

Sterling, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Friends

I'll warn you right now that your friends will not gamble the way you do,(either much more or much less), will not want to eat the same time as you do, or even chose the same restaurant, will not want to go to see the same sights, etc......and probably will not be your friends by the time your trip is over.

Go Solo!!!!

Edited: 03 January 2013, 17:36
Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Friends

I had some friends that would not commit. I booked my air and hotel, told them this is when I am going, this is where I am staying. Worse case, I go solo, best case, They make their plans. win win for me.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Friends

I like normandogs answer I wish this forum had a Like button!