We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uk Members, who did you book your Vegas vactions with?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Uk Members, who did you book your Vegas vactions with?

After a mammoth 48 hours of trying to get the best deal for October 2013 and eventually securing a good price. I went to proceed via telephone to book 6 adults onto the booking, then to be told the allocation of aircraft seats ( Virgin economy ) were no longer available as per the original quote and had increased by £500 pp ( $800) overnight!

So who did the TA Uk residents book with and how long in advance of the trip. Is it worth hanging in there and waiting till nearer the time?

I feel I am going around in circles, with prices increasing by the day even by booking the flights and hotel individually.

Looking to travel 26th Oct- 2nd Nov Mirage Hotel 6 adults

Any advise greatly appreciated.

London
Level Contributor
627 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Uk Members, who did you book your Vegas vactions with?

low cost usa worked out cheapest fro us after a lot of research. My advice it to try all of these suggested because for different dates you will get different prices at different times.

plymouth england
Level Contributor
196 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Uk Members, who did you book your Vegas vactions with?

i used expedia going in march 6 nights flying virgin and staying in venetian£1,700 for the two of us .. did a bit of phoning around and no one could beat this price

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
448 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Uk Members, who did you book your Vegas vactions with?

Flights through opodo.

Mirage suite through myvegas!

Caesars through total rewards.

I would quite happily book through anyone except Thomas Cook.

Brampton, Cumbria
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Uk Members, who did you book your Vegas vactions with?

We booked with Thomas Cook as they fly direct from Glasgow for £540 each. We have then booked the hotel direct with Hotels.com but this is refundable so I will be keeping an eye to see if we can get it any cheaper.

Brampton, Cumbria
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Uk Members, who did you book your Vegas vactions with?

We booked with Thomas Cook as they fly direct from Glasgow for £540 each. We have then booked the hotel direct with Hotels.com but this is refundable so I will be keeping an eye to see if we can get it any cheaper.

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Uk Members, who did you book your Vegas vactions with?

Hi

We always book direct with the airlines and usually not directly into LAS, but that is irrelevant really. We like BA and find they are very competetive with prices BUT you do have to watch and wait for the right price. The last 2 years for our May/June visits to USA the best prices have been in the previous August. So I think you may have missed out on the "best" price for 2013. If you need to keep the cost down of the flight your best option is to keep checking on kayak. If you consider a connection, eg Houston or Atlanta then the flight price will come down alot.

Hotels is another game, in Las Vegas always book direct with the hotel's but use the like's of www.smartervegas.com to find the deals (usually 12 weeks out). We are also flexible with where we stay, so stay with whoever is offering a deal we like.

Clive

Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Uk Members, who did you book your Vegas vactions with?

We booked 10 nights at the mgm, flying out of gatwick for £2600 for 2 with Virgin in July. Whilst booking mine, I found out that it's cheaper to book online than if you phone up, apparently they dont have access to the same prices. Ironically they offer a price match deal as well. Good thing about Virgin, is that you don't have to pay resort fees. Obviously they are just included in the price, but at least you don't have to budget for them out of your spending money. I booked mine in august 2012 for july 2013 and ive been regularly checking and its never been cheaper. Id just book it as soon as. Good luck!

Edited: 09 January 2013, 22:03
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Uk Members, who did you book your Vegas vactions with?

.......also, virgin allow to put a deposit down and pay the rest when you can, up until 12 weeks before you go.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,641 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Uk Members, who did you book your Vegas vactions with?

TamsTone

According to the BA website you can get fares for direct flights to LV for £596 in Oct 2013 - probably sale faes that have to be booked by 22 Jan. You might want to check out the fares for your dates.

I always book air + hotel seperately.

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Uk Members, who did you book your Vegas vactions with?

Hi

£596 I'd jump on it. Great price for a non stop to LV. T5 is a great terminal to fly from aswell, one of the reasons I favor BA. Hope it's on your date's. Always cheaper btw if you fly tues-thurs, theres a hefty weekend premium.

Clive