We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mini bars and in room fridges

ventura
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
mini bars and in room fridges

My husband already can't stand the fact that some hotels have bottles of water left on the counter that they will charge you an outrageous price for. So my question is which hotels have the mini fridges and bars that if you touch something, you will be charged for it. He doesn't care how great these places are, he wants to avoid them when I book our rooms. Any recent information will be appreciated.

OCNY
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mini bars and in room fridges

On my trips in recent years, Mirage and Venetian had them, and Bally's, Flamingo, MGM Grand, and Golden Nugget didn't.

ventura
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mini bars and in room fridges

Thanks for the quick reply. We were thinking Flamingo and have read about those expensive bottles of water. Glad to know there are no fridges stocked with overpriced goodies as well.

Michigan
Level Contributor
108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: mini bars and in room fridges

Just don't open the fridge and you won't be charged for anything. There's no reason to avoid hotels that have fridges altogether.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mini bars and in room fridges

Imperial Palace doesn't have them.

OCNY
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mini bars and in room fridges

Hotel websites will usually mention mini-bars in their room descriptions. It seems like every hotel has that $5 bottle of water on the counter these days.

ventura
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mini bars and in room fridges

What's the point of putting a fridge in your room if they are going to stock it and you can't use it? I don't trust what others have said about just asking them to empty it. By the time you check out they will have no memory of this. This is just one of our peeves so we will avoid places that have them.

NH
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: mini bars and in room fridges

Flamingo now has the $3.50 bottled water. I rented a refrig for $15.oo a day when I stayed @ the Flamingo and bought my own water and soda @ Walgreens( there's one by the Stardust and one near the Alladin). The Flamingo changes $2.25 per bottle of soda or H2O in their Sundry Shoppe......way too much for my Mt Dew habit!

CLEVELAND
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: mini bars and in room fridges

I am staying at Hooters in June..they want $25/day..i say NOT.. I will settle for extra ice buckets for my corona's..

FINS UP

Ken

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
370 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: mini bars and in room fridges

Good lord, what is wrong with you? Can't you resist the urge to partake?

Just accept the fact that things cost different prices in different places but nobody is going to force you to buy anything.

Although when my wife is getting ready to go out, it is absolutely impossible for me to resist those expensive drinks.

You can always ask the hotel to remove the waters and not sign for a mini bar key.

Park Forest...
Level Contributor
11,485 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: mini bars and in room fridges

The minibar is there to sell to you. It is not in the room for you to store your personal items. If you require a fridge for your stay, the more appropriate question to ask would have been which hotel provides them.

There are a handful of hotels, like Rio, that have a minibar and also provide fridges in the room. There are others that have fridges for rent or who have them available for free for folks who need them for medical purposes. You can use the search function to figure those out.