We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early Bird Dinners Wynn/Encore

Hayden Lake, ID
Level Contributor
1,541 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Early Bird Dinners Wynn/Encore

The last time I stayed there, they had early bird dinners at most of their restaurants. Has anyone noticed if they still do?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
6,692 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early Bird Dinners Wynn/Encore

By Early Bird, do you mean meals served early or lower priced meals for going in early?

As far as I know there are no specials for eating early in any of Wynn/Encore restaurants

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,448 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early Bird Dinners Wynn/Encore

They did at one point at many of the hotels but I think that was at least a year or so ago. It would be on the restaurant's menu as a special.

(Hi Norgetroll, good to see you)

Rancho Cucamonga
Level Contributor
9,269 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early Bird Dinners Wynn/Encore

Fits right in to my remarks that WynnCore attracts an older crowd, design and decor is very mature (as in 60+). Not at all modern. Dinner at 4pm.

Park Forest...
Level Contributor
11,485 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early Bird Dinners Wynn/Encore

What is that comment about? WynnCore was actively promoting prix fixe dinners like every other hotel on the strip during the downturn to get more business. In their case, most restaurants only offered those menus outside of primetime dining hours so you would have to want an early or late dinner to take advantage. And maybe I am mistaken but it's not uncommon for higher restaurants to promote pre-show and post-show dining.

It had nothing to do with drawing an older clientele, some of which are abandoning WynnCore because they hate the nightclubs and the clientele they have drawn in.

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,448 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early Bird Dinners Wynn/Encore

Johnn vegas, when was the last time you were at Wynn or Encore? As someone who is on the other side of 50, I usually feel like I am in the minority there, not that I am complaining. My son and DIL stayed there and felt perfectly at home as 20 somethings, especially at the pool parties.

Yankee
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Early Bird Dinners Wynn/Encore

Wynn targets the clientele that will make them the most money. If the young demographic attractions create more profits then they will focus more on that.

MORTY: Alright, are you ready to eat?

HELEN: (glancing at her watch) Oh, right, let's go. Jerry, let's go, it's time

to eat. We're going to dinner.

Jerry wanders into the room. He's in a t-shirt and sweatpants, and holding a comic book he's been reading.

JERRY: (confused) Dinner? W..What time is it?

HELEN: (pulling on a coat) It's four-thirty.

JERRY: (bewildered) Four-thirty? Who eats dinner at four-thirty?

MORTY: By the time we sit down, it'll be quarter to five.

JERRY: I don't understand why we have to eat now.

HELEN: We gotta catch the early-bird. It's only between four-thirty and six.

MORTY: Yeah. They give you a tenderloin, a salad and a baked potato, for

four-ninety-five. You know what that cost you after six?

JERRY: Can't we eat at a decent hour? I'll treat, okay?

HELEN: You're not buying us dinner.

JERRY: (emphatic) I'm not force-feeding myself a steak at four-thirty to save a coupla bucks, I'll tell you that!

HELEN: Alright, (sitting on the couch) we'll wait. (pointedly) But it's unheard of.

Edited: 20 January 2013, 18:46
7. Re: Early Bird Dinners Wynn/Encore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2014, 06:18