We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight tours to Grand Canyon

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight tours to Grand Canyon

Hi, I can't seem to find any overnight tours from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon. THey all seem to do it in a day for 16 hours. Are there any tours that you can recommend for a family of 5 travelling in Aug? Thanks!

Grand Adventures Tours
Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Photography Tours, Bus Tours
Maverick Helicopters
Helicopter Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Air Tours
Red Electric Bike Tours
Bike Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
London, UK
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight tours to Grand Canyon

I've never come across any overnight tours to the Grand Canyon, probably because it's easy enough to organise yourself - just get a rental car, book one of the hotels in the GCNP or nearby and off you go. I've done one of the day tours from LV but it's a very long day indeed, most of it spent in a minibus and only a few hours at the south rim. See the links under 'top questions about las vegas; on the RH side of this page for more info.

Tarrytown, New York
Level Contributor
19 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight tours to Grand Canyon

You may want to look @ this site:

www.grandcanyontourcompany.com/nightbus.htm

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,777 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight tours to Grand Canyon

An overnight air tour option

lasvegasgrandcanyontour.com/AIR-grand-canyon…

Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
6,279 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight tours to Grand Canyon

Really, though, for five of you, rent a car and drive. Book a room right in the park:

http://www.grandcanyonlodges.com/

A two day rental will be under $100 and its $25 per car to get into the park. Lodging might be tricky with five of you. Many of their rooms are only four to a room and the rooms are quite small. I would call the number on that web page and discuss your needs. Do book right away, if you can choose a date. Reservations for August were opened up Aug 1 2012 and many will already be booked. That said, with persistence you will get a room. Cancellations are frequent.

Once in the park, you can take the bus from Grand Canyon Village to the west out to Hermit's Rest. Hike or ride the bus and you wish and your feet allow. The views are stunning. Then drive to the east out to the east village, stopping at those overlooks.

Don't worry about the drive. Its five hours each way, but its an easy drive. Mostly interstate except the stretch from Williams into the park.

Weather at the park will be pleasantly cool after the August heat in Vegas.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
29,046 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Overnight tours to Grand Canyon

Its a very easy drive to the Grand Canyon South Rim which is about a 5 hour drive and has the wonderful views.

With 5 people, thats going to be expensive. You may wish you had just rented a car for a few days and driven yourself once you see how easy it is, just something to think about.....

For more help with an itinerary and where to stay ect, you can post in the Grand Canyon Forum

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g143028-i157-Grand…

Edited: 22 January 2013, 00:41
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
61,336 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Overnight tours to Grand Canyon

Yes, the best over night tour is the one you do yourselves. The key is advance planning. Book your lodging at the GCNP right now. If the website shows nothing available, call Xanterra 888-297-2757. From overseas call 303-297-2757.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Overnight tours to Grand Canyon

Thanks very much for all of your feedback. I will be checking out the websites posted and looks like car hire is the way to go! Thanks!!

8. Re: Overnight tours to Grand Canyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2014, 07:18