We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Vegas tips/advice

Oregon, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
38 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Las Vegas tips/advice

We are planning a 3-4 day trip to Vegas the first week of March. We have 6 person crew of which 2 require wheelchairs. Looking mid-strip and need advice on properties , transportation , and shows. Any thoughts or helpful tips would be much appreciated! Thank you.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,730 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Vegas tips/advice

Think about The Flamingo. Central location. Wheel chairs will do fine there. Lots of ramps

Caesars would also be fine. Much bigger place. Again great location

Timeshare Marriott Grand Chateaj. Off strip, just a little. Big units

Have fun

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Vegas tips/advice

Your question is kinda broad as a lot has to do with what your budget is as far as what hotel to recommend. I would probably say Aria as everything is laid out so well and spacious you would have no trouble getting around. And I would say the same for Paris

Andover...
Level Contributor
172 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Vegas tips/advice

I haven't been to Vegas with anybody using a wheelchair, but I have been to Disney before. I know that in Disney it could get frustrating for them trying to move through the crowds in some of the main walkways because people will start and stop, etc. If your friends/family are worried about this, maybe you might want to look into staying at a hotel on the side of the road with monorail access. It might make getting from one end of the strip to the other a little bit easier. I'm not sure if you've been before or not, but just in case - the monorail is on the side of the street as Paris, Flamingo, MGM, etc. Hope this helps :)

Georgia
Level Contributor
8 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Vegas tips/advice

We just returned from Vegas. We stayed at MGM Grand. Rooms were very spacious. They have a great show inside MGM Grand which would make it easy for the wheelchair ones. Cirque Du Soleil KA show is wonderful. It was the best show I'd ever seen. Also there is a walk over at one of the exits of the hotel that goes straight to the New York New York Hotel so it would be easy to get wheelchairs to that location to look around. Eat the buffet at the MGM Grand it is wonderful! We enjoyed it last week. There is also a food court area with McDonalds that is open 24 hours. Also in the food court is Nathan's Hotdog and a couple other places. They also have a Rainforest Cafe which has good food too. These all would be easy to get to in wheelchairs. Another exit in the back of the hotel will take you out toward the strip. If you go walking around the strip it is super crowded the later it gets so it may be hard to maneuver wheelchairs later in the day. Also they do have monarails but a lot of them were broken last week off and on. Bus transportation up and down the strip is great it is $8.00 a day for each person.

Salem, Oregon
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Las Vegas tips/advice

I went to Vegas October 2011 with 6 people, one in a powered wheel chair. Surprising everything was pretty accommodating for the most part. Where there is escalators on the strip, there is always a way around. Sometimes it's a little longer. We stayed on the north end of the strip at Circus Circus and went by foot/wheel chair all the way to MGM and NYNY. The next day we learned how the bus system worked and went to the pawn stars shop and Fremont street. There was no where we went that the wheel chair couldn't go, like I mentioned sometimes its a little farther, but very very do-able.

6. Re: Las Vegas tips/advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 18 February 2013, 23:39
7. Re: Las Vegas tips/advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2014, 07:15