We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Death valley, Beatty, Pahrump

ohio
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Topic
Death valley, Beatty, Pahrump

Arriving in Vegas at the end of March. Would like to do a scenic day trip. Will the weather be warm enough to drive to death valley, do a guided tour hopefully, leave through Beatty tour the ghost town. And then head to Pahrump for some wine tasting & snacks?? What time should we leave Vegas? Any dangerous roads to worry about?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
25,248 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Death valley, Beatty, Pahrump

Only you can decide if the weather will be warm enough for you but the average high temp @Death Valley the end of March is 86 degrees, a little cooler in Beaty an Pahrump about 72 degree is the average high (you can nfind this info on any weather site, for any city) There is no month where the weather isnt warm enough for what you want to do.

What you have planned is a long day, Id leave by 6am, the roads are fine.

Pembroke Pines...
Level Contributor
225 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Death valley, Beatty, Pahrump

We are heading to Pahrump on Friday... leaving around 11 and visiting Sander's Family Winery and Pahrump Winery and eating dinner at Symphony's... The best I can tell is that it should be an hour and a half drive each way and about 4 hours in Pahrump... We are using it as a break day from Vegas because we'll be in town for 8 days and that may just be (dare I say it) too much Vegas... We've been to Vegas 6 other times and have visited Hoover Dam several times, the Grand Canyon, and Valley of Fire... are there any other short day trips we should consider (Zion is too far and we are not interested in Death Valley on this trip)... Thanks for any suggestions.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
25,248 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Death valley, Beatty, Pahrump

@groovygreg

You may want to start another thread with your question. You dont say where you are driving to Pahrump from but if its the Strip its a lot less than an hour and a half, you should make it in less than an hour.

Zion isnt really that far but if its out of the question maybe look at Mt Charleston its about 45 minutes from the strip.

Edited: 29 January 2013, 01:28
ohio
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Death valley, Beatty, Pahrump

GroovyGreg plans sound much better to me! After all it is vacation, and I don't want to get up at 6am! My husband however really wants to see Death Valley. Is there an easier route to Death Valley and on the way back visit the winieries and have dinner? I would be willing to skip Beaty. The weather sounds perfect!

Are there guided tours at Death Valley?

Pahrump, NV
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Death valley, Beatty, Pahrump

The shortest route from Las Vegas to Death Valley is through Pahrump to Bell Vista Road, then Death Valley Junction to CA 127 to Furnace Creek. It's about 2 hours drive (1 hour to Pahrump, 1 hour to Death Valley).

They do offer guided tours but they change each week. Each tour is about an hour long or less. Really depends on how long you want to stay in the Valley.

You can find out some good information on Pahrump's tourism website

( www.visitpahrump.com ).

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
253 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Death valley, Beatty, Pahrump

Death Valley is fantastic and worth the trip. We spent a whole day there and I loved it. You do not need a tour, just spend the day driving around (and it will be a lot of driving) and you will enjoy the "other world" scenery. We entered at the north (we came in on 374 from Beatty) and left toward the south (into Pahrump).

7. Re: Death valley, Beatty, Pahrump

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2014, 06:19