We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pool cabanas

Tinley Park...
Level Contributor
22 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
pool cabanas

Looking to book hotel with good pool and decently priced cabanas. Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
6,100 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pool cabanas

What do you consider "decently priced"? I'm quite sure it doesn't exist.

We rented one at MGM Grand last summer. $400 minimum food and beverage spend, plus tips. But no charge for the actual cabana. Pretty sure I don't really consider that "reasonable priced", but it was fun.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,130 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pool cabanas

I agree. I like getting a cabana once in a while but have never fiund one I would consider "reasonably priced", it's more like an extravegance that I feel like splurging for.

One suggestion is to go to Vegas.com and look at the pool details there, they have cabana prices, although might from last pool season.

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,454 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pool cabanas

Last summer Bellagio was $350 per day during the week. No food or beverage minimum.

PA
Level Contributor
394 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pool cabanas

Paid $125 for a weekday cabana at Vdara in September. Came with na beverages and some snacks.

Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
6,100 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pool cabanas

I kind of like the food and beverage minimum. It was the same menu you could get at the bars. So, if you're paying for the cabana and then paying their pool prices for food and drinks, it gets really pricey. That said, even with four of us there all day, we only spent something like $275. We took a bucket full of beers and a bottle of wine back to the room.

I do recall seeing a travelzoo deal for a cabana at Paris that was pretty reasonable. You didn't have to be staying there to use it. So, keep an eye out and perhaps you'll find something like that.

I have to admit that part of the attraction is the same as for table service in a club. You get to be in a place other folks don't get to be. Nevermind you're paying for the privilege. You still feel special.

Toronto
Level Contributor
935 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pool cabanas

Keep in mind, all the above replies reference cabana prices for the "regular" hotel pools. These are not accurate cabana prices for the "party pools".

albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: pool cabanas

Wheatie at MGM my brother got the cabana comped, they comped 2 inner tubes as well, which are normally $25 for each one. They have a great menu, we ordered a bucket of beers, a huge plate of nachos, the most appetizing shrimp cocktail. I have to say I'm really not much of a pool person, but the cabana was pretty awesome. If we were going later spring or early to very late summer, we would most definitely get a cabana again.

Tewksbury...
Level Contributor
387 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: pool cabanas

Gave the pool police 50 bucks on a nice March day at Flamingo. Sunday I think, they let me have it for the day.

Sheffield, UK
Level Contributor
505 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: pool cabanas

From the Golden Nugget website -

'Cabanas (for both The Tank and The Hideout at H2O) may be rented for $75 per day (Mon - Thurs) and $150 per day (Fri - Sun).'

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
556 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: pool cabanas

We did cabana and daybed at the Hideout pool at golden nugget the last 2 years. We always stay during the week in June. During that time, daybed was $50 & cabana was $175. No food/beverage min.