We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegas addict

new york
Level Contributor
364 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Vegas addict

What is is about Vegas that has made you so addicted?

I have been addicted from the very first time I went there and after all these years I can't stop going. At one time I wanted to live there but I decided that I can visit 3 times a year and get my fill. I have traveled to a lot of the islands but to me there is no comparison so all my vacations are in Las Vegas. My friends and family thinks that I am crazy and always ask why don't I go anywhere else. I would like to but I just cannot give up my trips to Vegas. Any other "crazies" out there like me??!! Oh by the way, it's not about gambling because I don't gamble that much....it's about everything else. The restaurants, the atmosphere the whole vibe....I LOVE IT!!

1. Re: Vegas addict

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 February 2013, 18:35
Helsingborg
Level Contributor
811 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegas addict

I go to Vegas for the poker and the food. But i cant afford to go as most 1 time per year.

Edited: 05 February 2013, 20:33
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegas addict

hey younker I'm with you! We went for the first time in August 2009, are going back April 1 - 7 and will be my 16th time!

I think I love it so much because it is just so much different from my everyday life. There's no way in hell I would stay up until 4 or 5 in the morning at home! We do play the slots but overall I think it's just the whole atmosphere thing, plus of course, the warm weather!!

Fairfield...
Level Contributor
400 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Vegas addict

I go for the chance to enjoy myself (without the kids), get drunk and have the ease of taxi service to get from place to place without worrying about DUI's, Too old for that worry now... Every things else is fun too.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
576 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vegas addict

We went twice last year after a 19 year gap have just booked to go again in November. Why it took so long to go back I don't know.

People moan at us for going again, the moaners are those who have never been.

We love the buzz and currently have no plans to stop going!

London, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vegas addict

Me n my boyfriend are the same. We went for the first time last august and fell in love with it! We are not big gamblers or drinkers either but we just loved it-it's so over the top and fun and has a great vibe. It's great just to people watch. We are planning our next trip already but its very expensive to fly from uk so won't be until next year and we stay for 2 weeks to make most of trip and cost of flights! You are very lucky to go three times a year. We are really addicted and can't see ourselves going on another holiday that is not Vegas-eventhough we want to visit other places! It's crazy

Edited: 05 February 2013, 20:44
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vegas addict

I'm a recovering addict. I used to go 6 times a year and have trimmed it back to 2. But I love it all, the gambling along with the overall vibe is hard to resist!

Toronto
Level Contributor
939 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Vegas addict

I'm here now 20 plus trips and I'm still having a blast. So yes I am a Vegas addict and dam proud of it!!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vegas addict

I am the same way. I don't want to go anywhere else.

I enjoy gambling in Vegas, but do not gamble outside of Vegas (or it is very rare).

There is nothing like the Vegas vibe.

birm
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Vegas addict

Nothing. I'm not an addict. LV is not my vacation destination, if I had to choose between LV again and somewhere new it would be somewhere new. Fortunately I don't have to.

The great values in housing the last few years has been phenomenal. A great time to buy.