We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

my vegas, redeeming points

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Braunfels, Texas
Level Contributor
116 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
my vegas, redeeming points

Is it better to redeem on line or when I get there???

Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
11,963 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: my vegas, redeeming points

I believe the only way to redeem them is online.

Nevada
Level Contributor
3,234 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: my vegas, redeeming points

You can only redeem on line. You will get an e-mail with further instructions.

Maine
Level Contributor
887 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: my vegas, redeeming points

As others have said, you need to redeem online and also it's better to do it before you get to Vegas. The rewards that are available to people logged on in the Vegas area are much fewer than you will see from home. So if you wait until you get there you may not be able to redeem what you wanted to, because it won't be offered.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
955 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: my vegas, redeeming points

If you're planning on using a reward for hotel nights, redeem and book them as soon as you can. On any others, wait until closer to your visit. You only have so many days to redeem them.

Also, if you're not already, you should join the Facebook group - MyVEGAS Friends. They have lots of useful information on redeeming.

Have fun!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
269 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: my vegas, redeeming points

"The rewards that are available to people logged on in the Vegas area are much fewer than you will see from home. "

Really? Is this why I don't see the Bellagio buffet, NYNY 75 F&B, or are those unlocked at a certain level? If this is true, it bites!

Gardendale, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: my vegas, redeeming points

No, not unlocked at any certain level, just restricted from local residents. Crappy rules, but I think it is to keep people from getting free food every month.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
269 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: my vegas, redeeming points

Thanks gdale, that's too bad, but I understand. Was looking forward to the B buffet on our trip in 2 weeks..ah wells

8. Re: my vegas, redeeming points

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2014, 06:15