We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel suggestions in my price range

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
48 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel suggestions in my price range

We are going to Vegas for our first time in May and really want to have the stereotypical "Vegas experience"! Of course I would absolutely love to stay in the hotels like the Bellagio or Cosmopolitan, but the cheapest rooms I could find at places of that nature were around $300/night which is more than we can afford... Our budget is more in the $150/night range :-/ I realize you get what you pay for and I will not find the same quality of hotels in our range but I thought some of you may have input into a nicer hotel in a centralized location that will still give us somewhat of the Vegas glitz & glam that we are looking for?

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,728 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel suggestions in my price range

It's impossible to say without exact dates since rates are so variable.

Muskegon, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel suggestions in my price range

a range of dates of when you plan to go would indeed be helpful....hotel rates in Vegas vary with dates of the month...

Florida
Level Contributor
644 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel suggestions in my price range

Need your exact dates. Just checking random dates in May at the Treasure Island I've found an average nightly rate of $120.00. Treasure Island is a very nice hotel.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Reno
Level Contributor
4,182 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel suggestions in my price range

Prices vary, depending on conventions, special events, day of the week, etc.

Paris and Planet Hollywood, MGM Grand, NYNY, would be ideal locations. You really don't want to skimp much on your first trip, so if you can get Cosmo, Caesars, Bellagio, Venetian cheaper, do it.

SE Mich
Level Contributor
316 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel suggestions in my price range

Check smartervegas.com for discount codes, for whatever dates you are going. Weekends are always 2x or 3x more than Sun-Thur.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel suggestions in my price range

Room rates in Las Vegas are MUCH cheaper Sunday through Thursday nights than on Friday and Saturday nights when they can double or triple in price. So, if you can go other than over a weekend, it would save you money.

Also, go to www.smartervegas.com for promotional codes for most of the hotels and keep going back to check. Also check for specials/promotions on the individual hotel websites to get rates. Smartervegas is a great website!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel suggestions in my price range

Mid range hotels on the strip include:Harrahs, Ballys, Flamingo, Monte Carlo, Luxor, Tropicana, Excalibur. A step up in price would be Mirage, Paris, PH. Most of these hotels have rates in the $150 and below range.

Sturgeon Bay...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel suggestions in my price range

Dont be afraid to select a mid-range hotel on the strip for your vacation. So many on here make it sound like you will staying in a slum if you dont stay at the 4 or 5 star hotels. Nothing could be further from the truth. I have stayed at quite a few of the strip hotels and have never had a serious problem. I've even stayed in rooms without a flat-screen TV,if you can imagine that. Personally I prefer mid-strip for convenience,however,with the many transportation opportunities available it is not a problem to be nearly anywhere on the strip. I'm not sure how many here spend a lot of time in their rooms but I suspect that in most cases it is a place to sleep and rest once in a while. I last stayed at Excalibur and was quite pleased with everything. But then again,I am not overly fussy. Good luck.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
48 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel suggestions in my price range

Thanks for all of the replies so far. We are goin over Memorial Day weekend so I suppose they will be higher due to the holiday. We will be there the night of the 24th & 25th. Only time we could go due to our work schedules.

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
409 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel suggestions in my price range

Since you will be there over the holiday weekend, DEFINITELY start with smartervegas.com to see what discounts you can find.

If you book directly with the hotel and later find a better rate at another hotel, you can cancel your first reservation. Or if a better rate comes up for the hotel you want, you can call and have your rate adjusted.

Just watch a couple of things when you reserve. Know the cancellation policy of whatever hotel you book with. Also, most hotels that are not part of the CET brand charge a daily resort fee above their room rate, so you will need to add that fee + tax to the room rate to be able to compare rates at different properties.