We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gordie Brown

Genoa, Nebraska
Level Contributor
225 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Gordie Brown

Anyone seen him? Seems to get pretty good reviews but was wondering what everyone on here thought.

Thanks!

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gordie Brown

My husband and I seen him last April and we REALLY liked his show. The man is VERY talented. However, I don't think younger people would enjoy his show as much because he does a lot of immitations and sings songs of some of the older stars. We are in our late 50s/early 60s so it was very enjoyable to us. Check into coupons for the show. We stayed at the Golden Nugget so we were able to get either 50% off or buy one get one tickets, can't remember which it was, but was only good for the most expensive seats which we were able to get front row. Hope this info helps. You can check out a short video online of his show, which is what we did before we left for LV.

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gordie Brown

We saw him. The show was very funny. The day we saw him he was sick so his impressions were off a little. He kept apologizing about his voice. In the end he ended up bringing Rick Little and Steve Rossi up to finish the show for him. Which more then made up for his voice. Based on what I saw of his act I am wanting to go back and see him healthy. From what I saw I would recommend the show.

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,661 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gordie Brown

BTW agree with the other comment about older impressions. If you are above 35 you will get the show.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
4,345 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gordie Brown

Easily the best show downtown and he is very entertaining. Plenty of deals available so don't pay full price.

Genoa, Nebraska
Level Contributor
225 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gordie Brown

Thanks guys! We are both 35 and the video looks pretty good so I think we might give it a try.

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gordie Brown

We saw him a couple of years ago, he was very funny and we will go and see him again. A good show.

Genoa, Nebraska
Level Contributor
225 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gordie Brown

johnnylawless - Where did you find the deals? Will we get a good rate since we are staying at the Golden Nugget?

birm
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Gordie Brown

Excellent.

His career on the way down, which happens.

Years ago he used the moniker "Downtown Gordie Brown.". Then he opened for Celine's tour, moved to The Venetian, then PH, now back at The GN.

I like him better than Danny Gans, who many thought was a great entertainer. He was, and a good guy, Gordie, to me, is better.

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
391 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gordie Brown

I love Gordie Brown. I have seen his show four times and enjoyed it as much the last time as I did the first time. He has a very unique talent which goes way beyond impressions. He assumes a persona of someone famous and sings a recognizable song. However, he changes the words of the song, and his lyrics made me laugh so hard that my cheeks hurt when I left the show.

Years ago there was a famous impersonator we saw named Danny Gans. At $100/ticket for a show that was barely an hour long, we left disappointed in the value. Gordie Brown's show is way better IMHO.

Check smartervegas, broadwaybox, and travelzoo for discount tickets.

Markham, Ontario...
Level Contributor
366 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gordie Brown

Hey Coops14

Wasn't he your PM a few years ago. :)