We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Palazzo to New York New York?

Washburn, Wisconsin
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taxi from Palazzo to New York New York?

Question! We are staying at the Palazzo but going to see a show at New York New York and probably have a nice dinner somewhere near there. It's 2 miles from the Palazzo, should we get a taxi? I imagine the show will get over late, and I probably will wear uncomfortable shoes. Any tips?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
624 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Palazzo to New York New York?

You can, but I would personally just walk over to the monorail at Harrah's, take it to MGM and then walk over...but that's just me.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,692 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Palazzo to New York New York?

I would do this and be fresh for dinner and show. I take a pair of flats in my handbag and we usually explore/walk back.

3. Re: Taxi from Palazzo to New York New York?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 February 2013, 23:05
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
624 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Palazzo to New York New York?

Losvu, that's because you don't walk anywhere. You sit in front of your computer screen all day long, bi*ching.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
5,692 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Palazzo to New York New York?

Well, It's like this. My husband says something like "I'm going to take my beautiful wife out for a great dinner and show." I oblige him by looking beautiful and off we go to dinner.

Instead of showing up at our reservation sweaty from our two mile walk, we take a cab. We do this for one reason. Pleasure. Tout à son goût.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
260 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Palazzo to New York New York?

You could take the monorail at Harrah's, but keep in mind that it runs along the back of the properties. So you have to walk through Harrah's, ride the monorail, then walk through the MGM Grand, and finally cross the street to NYNY. Not as bad as walking from Palazzo, but still a pretty good trek.

If money is a concern, my recommendation would be to take the bus. There's an SDX stop near the Palazzo that will drop you off at Excalibur, and NYNY is right next door. This will also be the cheapest option, although you do have to time it right.

Edited: 11 February 2013, 22:22
Yankee
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Palazzo to New York New York?

Wear sensible shoes and walk or wear some sexy heels and take a taxi. Either would be fine but sensible shoes and a taxi.... that's just un-Vegas like.

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from Palazzo to New York New York?

A taxi would be better as luv2 said. It is not too far so not a high taxi fare but too far to walk comfortably and the monorail complicates things. Then late at night it will deliver you to the door. I would ask the driver in both directions just to drive up the Strip so you can sight-see (and avoid being longhauled!).

NYNY has some nice dining options from their Cafe to Italian, Chinese and Steakhouse. Also look at the Monte Carlo website.

canada
Level Contributor
4,321 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from Palazzo to New York New York?

take a TAXI

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
25,501 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi from Palazzo to New York New York?

Yes, you should absolutely take a cab.