We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Sushi on the strip

Denver, Colorado
11 posts
Save Topic
Best Sushi on the strip

We are headed to Vegas in March and I am looking for opinions on best sushi spot on the strip. Price is no issue, thanks in advance!

New Castle, DE
Level Contributor
110 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Sushi on the strip

I'm interested in this as well. Thanks for posting.

Malibu
Level Contributor
11,164 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Sushi on the strip

You will get lots of suggestions even including sushi buffets!

I've tried many, many of the Vegas spots and would say Masa Takayama's Bar Masa at Aria is the freshest fish and lots of true Japanese touches. It's expensive.

I will try Nobu's new place at Caesars soon as I am familiar with many of his other spots and this is a big one for him.

Mizumi replacing Okada at Wynn is good also.

I was very disappointed in my last visit to Shibuya at MGM, likewise Yellowtail at Bellagio.

I eat a lot of sushi.

Chicago
Level Contributor
339 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Sushi on the strip

I have only tried one place, Yellowtail at Bellagio, it was a waste of money for crap.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,888 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Sushi on the strip

Nobu, Shibuya, and RM Seafood are my top 3.

Denver, Colorado
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Sushi on the strip

Thanks for the responses so far, I am not in need of the fancy name or the hippest spot in town more interested in quality sushi hopefully offering some cheeks, monkfish liver ect instead of just the standard sashimi menu.

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
1,810 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Sushi on the strip

underpar is obviously a person of good taste and judgment. In other words, I pretty much agree ;-)

Some of the restaurants listed below have ankimo or hamachi kama on their menu (e.g., Barmasa, Nobu). Others may have it from time to time, but don't list it (e.g., Okada often had hamachi kama even before it was listed on the menu, and also after it had been removed from the menu).

In terms of quality, Barmasa is best on the Strip. Its only real competition is off-Strip Kabuto. However: Barmasa is very expensive, even considering the quality; Barmasa has no sushi bar.

I haven't been to Okada since it was renamed/reconceived as Mizumi, but it used to be quite good.

Blue Ribbon Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill has good sushi, but it's expensive, and the atmosphere at its sushi bar sucks.

I also was disappointed in Shibuya's sushi bar atmosphere, but haven't been back in a loooooong time.

I haven't been impressed by Nobu's sushi -- neither in Los Vegas, nor in Miami Beach. It's sometimes good, sometimes just fair. I think Nobu is better at Japanese fusion that at traditional sushi.

Yellowtail is pretty good as a Japanese fusion restaurant, but not so impressive for traditional sushi -- and it doesn't have a sushi bar.

I haven't been to Hyakumi in a million years, but it used to have good sushi, and a friendly sushi bar (if you don't mind all the noise from the adjacent hotel hallway).

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Sushi on the strip

i was in vegas last year and stayed at the mgm. naturally i had to try out shibuya. i went for the omakase and it was decent. only 2 dishes really stood out...

Sashimi Duo - Chu Toro, Ginger Soy Sauce and Spiced Crunchy Garlic Kanpachi, Yuzu Juice and Black Truffle Oil

EZI EBI - Australian Lobster Tail and Diver Scallops in Uni Sake Butter Sauce

if you enjoy quality over quantity then these are a must try.

8. Re: Best Sushi on the strip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2014, 06:16