We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memorial Day weekend 2013 tips?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
12 posts
Save Topic
Memorial Day weekend 2013 tips?

I heard Memorial Day weekend is one of the busiest weekends of the year.

Does anyone have any experience in Las Vegas on this weekend?

Any suggestions or tips?

Thanks.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
3,419 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Memorial Day weekend 2013 tips?

Been there, done it, never again. Way too crowded, long lines for everything, way too many drunken 21 year olds to deal with.

The O.C., CA
Level Contributor
160 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Memorial Day weekend 2013 tips?

Avoid LV like the plague on any major holiday.

You wanted a tip, that's the best I can offer you.

12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Memorial Day weekend 2013 tips?

I figured that would be the case. Unfortunately I didn't not pick the dates of travel so i'm just going to have to make the best of it.

I figure to stick to the higher-end lounges and bars and not the night clubs, and also make reservations at higher-end resturaunts and not the quick eats and buffets. That should keep me away from the 20something crowds, at a price.

I was hoping to score some other ideas here.

11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Memorial Day weekend 2013 tips?

Hi, not posted too much, but thought I'd drop in here. We were on our honeymoon in Vegas during Memorial Day weekend last year. It was really busy (especially outside on the Strip itself) but it was bearable, it didn't ruin anything for us at all. Any tips I would have would be to make plans for the weekend (sounds like you're already doing that), and make any relevant reservations. Hope this helps.

The O.C., CA
Level Contributor
160 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Memorial Day weekend 2013 tips?

You will get other relevant tips for those dates. Stay tuned....

San Diego...
Level Contributor
24,348 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Memorial Day weekend 2013 tips?

It's a busy weekend with an extra day. I wouldn't worry too much, I've spent many a Memorial Day weekends in Las Vegas. I'm here now for This three day weekend staying at the Hard Rock.

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Memorial Day weekend 2013 tips?

I have the same problem. Is it a good idea to buy one of those club packages for access into nightclubs or pool parties in advance?

Rancho Cucamonga
Level Contributor
8,281 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Memorial Day weekend 2013 tips?

Bring your patience. Bring your wallet and lots of money. On the three day weekends people from LA and AZ come to town and really clog things up. Prices for rooms are at the highest, next to New Years Eve. You will stand in line for EVERYTHING. Book the best room you can afford, as the $20 trick and free upgrades will be extremely limited since they will be all virtually sold out. Oh, and bring your patience.

USA
Level Contributor
146 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Memorial Day weekend 2013 tips?

I'm going Memorial Day Weekend for the UFC event. Sure, it will be crowded, but go with a good attitude and all will be fine.

chicago
Level Contributor
593 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Memorial Day weekend 2013 tips?

A lot of drunk 21yr old's acting like idiots.. That did stand out last year !