We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Steve Wynn in LV Taxi's??

Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
1,810 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Steve Wynn in LV Taxi's??

Not sure how to title this. I was taking a cab to airport from the Signature. There was a promo for Steve Wynn, playing in his voice, playing in the taxi. Driver asked me if I minded listening to Steve and I said no, no problem. She then asked me if I was a "secret shopper" I told her no. She told me that they have to play this promo in cabs, if someone gets in, the driver can ask if they mind listening and if its a secret shopper, driver gets 50bucks. However, if secret shopper gets in and prom is not playing, or if they shut it off, they get suspended for a day and lose a days pay. Can this possibly be for real?? Anyone else experienced this??

Michigan
Level Contributor
6,975 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Steve Wynn in LV Taxi's??

yes could be real if Wynn is paying cab companys to run his video.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
1,498 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Steve Wynn in LV Taxi's??

Yes, that could be for real. I'm sure the Wynn paid a good amount of $$ for that captive advertising (not sure if it's well spent $$ as by the time you got in the cab you had already made your hotel choice). To have the driver turn off the promo would not be in Wynn's best interest. I'm sure there is some clause in the contract saying that Wynn gets so many $$ back if one of their shoppers gets in a cab and it's not playing. Therefor the cab company has to make some sort of threat to their drivers to keep the promo playing.

Cave Creek, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Steve Wynn in LV Taxi's??

they've had the video in all cabs for about 2 years. I was glad when I found the mute button

midwest
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Steve Wynn in LV Taxi's??

We used a cab 6 times during our trip earlier this month and it was playing in all the cabs. We were never asked if we were secret shoppers. The volume is up when you enter the cab but the passenger can simply use the touch screen volume control to turn it all the way down.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
188 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Steve Wynn in LV Taxi's??

His voice is beyond creepy.

San Diego
Level Contributor
5,116 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Steve Wynn in LV Taxi's??

I feel for the cabbies.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
4,657 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Steve Wynn in LV Taxi's??

Got pretty sick of listening to Steve the last couple trips. Found the volume button thank goodness

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
42,415 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Steve Wynn in LV Taxi's??

So you much prefer listening to the driver jabber away on his cell phone in some language you don't understand?

albuquerque
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Steve Wynn in LV Taxi's??

Cousineddie lol!!

Lawrenceburg...
Level Contributor
1,810 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Steve Wynn in LV Taxi's??

We have used limo service the last view trips, or rented a car, so it has been awhile since I have used a taxi, had no idea, I guess it is the american way of free enterprise.