We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Las Vegas in March and looking for best desserts and sush

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Townsend, MA
Destination Expert
for Curacao
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
In Las Vegas in March and looking for best desserts and sush

We are in Las Vegas next month and are staying at the Rio since Harrahs is giving me the week free and I like the suites there.

I am looking for the best dessert place in LV. The bakery at Paris has some lovely pastry, but who knows of other good places?

We also enjoy eating at buffets (I know, I know!). Do any buffets have sushi? Harrahs in AC does as does Mohegan Sun, so I am wondering if any LV hotels do also?

We have a car, so I don't mind driving. My conference is at the Monte Carlo.

TIA!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In Las Vegas in March and looking for best desserts and sush

HI! Try JP (Jean Phillipe Patisserie) for pastry and desert. They have the most amazing pastry I have had in LV. They have a shop at Bellagio and another at Aria. Many buffets offer sushi now. I have had good sushi at cravings buffet at Mirage but the best buffet sushi I have had recently was at the buffet at Aria which BTW is next to Monte Carlo and a short walk. Enjoy!

Edited: 17 February 2013, 15:48
California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,105 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In Las Vegas in March and looking for best desserts and sush

I agree about Jean Phillipe. But my favorite dessert in Las Vegas is the Sticky Toffee Pudding at McMullan's Irish Pub. This is across the street from Orleans. The easiest way to get there is to take the free shuttle from Gold Coast (next door to Rio) to Orleans. As you get off the shuttle you will see McMullans to your left (west) and walk over.

3. Re: In Las Vegas in March and looking for best desserts and sush

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2014, 05:16