We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What would you do with $400 free play at Bellagio?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
2,030 posts
Save Topic
What would you do with $400 free play at Bellagio?

Received $400 freeplay at Bellagio...can't decide what to use it on. Ran $100 through a Ghostbusters slot machine on the lat trip and was able to cash out the full $100, but felt like that was just luck.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
260 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What would you do with $400 free play at Bellagio?

Find one of those electronic craps tables. Put $200 on Pass, $200 on Don't Pass. You have a 35/36 chance of walking away with $400, and a 1/36 chance of walking away with $200.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
41,927 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What would you do with $400 free play at Bellagio?

The same thing I would do anywhere else. Play it on the VP machine that had the best paytable. My goal with free play is not to get lucky and hope to hit it big. My goal is to just turn it into real money. Than I can do anything I want with it.

Sacramento...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: What would you do with $400 free play at Bellagio?

My answer is sort of the same as ktinca's reply, but with one big exception -- I won't grind out free play unless it's a large portion of my gambling money for the trip. Since free play doesn't count towards my average and I'm not getting tier/reward/comp/whatever points for it, I generally play at a higher level than my usual denomination, even if that means more of a likelihood of breaking early.

Just depends what the starting budget is. With a $4,000 gambling budget and $400 in freeplay I'd have more fun playing 16 hands of $5 video poker. With a $500 gambling budget I'd likely try to maximize its return and would play the lowest denomination multi-play machine I could find so that I could cash out as close to the expected value of the play as I could.

What I don't want to do is grind out 320 hands of quarter play with it!

Michigan
Level Contributor
6,807 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What would you do with $400 free play at Bellagio?

Three reel dollar slots.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What would you do with $400 free play at Bellagio?

Max bet on the Hangover slots. I rarely walk away from a Hangover slot down. Just be sure it's max bet for guaranteed progressives when you hit one of the four bonuses.

birm
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What would you do with $400 free play at Bellagio?

Same as I would play with any $400, free play doesn't influence the game choice.

FPVP (at The B this is high limit) or craps.

McKinney, Texas
Level Contributor
67 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What would you do with $400 free play at Bellagio?

$1 Video Poker!!!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What would you do with $400 free play at Bellagio?

Put it in a $25 top dollar machine in the hi limit slot room plus $100 of your own money. That'll give you 10 spins max bet. Good chance you'll walk out with a handpay..

birm
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What would you do with $400 free play at Bellagio?

"That'll give you 10 spins max bet. Good chance you'll walk out with a handpay.."

Really? Slot machines have a good chance of a payoff at least one out every ten spins? How do you know this good chance exists?

The published odds say differently. Based on what I read here from slot players I believe those odds.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,975 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What would you do with $400 free play at Bellagio?

If you normally don't play say $5 machines......why not take the $400 to one of those. Shove it through and cross your fingers.

I use any free play on high denomination machines I wouldn't normally play. I think of free play as just that...free. So take a chance...and you never know what could happen.

May The Gawds of Gambling be with you always.

cheers

shirl'