We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

24 hour car rental from LV Airport.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
24 hour car rental from LV Airport.

Hi all.

Have had a good search for a definitive answer but cant find any to suit me.

Where over in LV for a week on 25th August. Looking to head down to Los Angeles on the Wednesday, from around 6am, and to drop it off around the same time.

Do we get the car rental from the airport or from a hotel? Do airports offer better times for us?

We've got a quote of dollar for an intermediate dodge avenger or similar, what other cars are similar? The cost is £40 ($61) for the one day, all inclusive with GPS. I've read the terms, but cant get my head round them, do I have to put a full tank in when returning it? How much will that roughly cost in a car similar to what I've posted.

Also, we have done the route by air once before, and I know 10+hour return trip could be a hassle, but where only there for the week, so hoping to spend 5-6 hours in LA, around Santa Monica and that area for the best part of the day.

Sorry for the load of questions.

Thanks.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,567 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,034 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
570 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Boston...
Level Contributor
7,362 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 24 hour car rental from LV Airport.

The rental agencies in the hotels have limited hours, generally 9am-5pm. You'd need to rent the car the day before to get such an early start. You can drop it off anytime by leaving the keys in the drop box at the rental counter. The rental counters at the rental center near the airport are open 24 hours a day.

Fuel policies differ from rental company to rental company. When I rent with Alamo, I prepay for a tank of fuel and return the car empty. With Dollar, you need to refill the tank right before returning. Gas is running roughly $4 a gallon and an Avenger (or similar) has an 18-20 gallon tank.

ny
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 24 hour car rental from LV Airport.

Airport usually cheaper. Agree hotel rentals are limited hours but you can drop off when they are closed if you already have the car.

Cost will increase if you are under 25, request a GPS and be sure its unlimited mileage. Also be sure your agreement says you can leave the state. Be sure your home car insurance or credit card cover the car or insurance may be a good idea. Most ask you to return full or pay their fee - its usually cheaper to fill yourself - check the tank when you get the car to be sure you got what they said.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
5,088 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 24 hour car rental from LV Airport.

FYI, the rental center for the airport is not at the airport, but it's only a few miles away. I would rent from them though as their rates are usually cheaper.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 24 hour car rental from LV Airport.

Thanks for the the replys,

janedoeny, my partner is 21 at the time of the rental, and from what I've read its around $25 underage surcharge?

From what I can understand, we pick the car up with a full tank, and its around a full tank of fuel to get there, and then one back to Vegas and then under the terms of returning with a full tank again.. So we would have to pay up for 2 tanks, How much would this cost at a wild guess?

Thanks for the info once again.

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,247 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 24 hour car rental from LV Airport.

The Dodge Avenger has a 16 gallon tank. Gas in Vegas is about $3.60 per gallon. So, about $58 per tank.

6. Re: 24 hour car rental from LV Airport.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 07:15