We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Nugget - Is there a vault avail. for large item?

California
Level Contributor
20 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Golden Nugget - Is there a vault avail. for large item?

Hello, I am going to be staying at the Golden Nugget in the future. After reading several posts about in-room theft I am concerned about keeping a handbag that I only carry in the evening safe and locked away during the day. It is too large to fit into the room safe. Does the hotel offer a vault at the front desk that I can safely store it away? Yes, I am considering just leaving it at home but it's not very often that I get to use it. Thank you!

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,549 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,006 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
385 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
565 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
England
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Nugget - Is there a vault avail. for large item?

Sorry but I would just leave it at home. What a hastle to wait in queues when you want to retrieve it. Just bring a smaller bag and stick it in your room safe.

Either that or bring it and empty it until you use it. Then put everything you want in it each evening.

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,665 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden Nugget - Is there a vault avail. for large item?

Realize that I am a male and really know nothing about handbags...

I would just leave it at home. I wouldn't be o worried about theft in the hotel room. What are you going to do with the bag as you are out and about? I would be more worried about a snatch and grab while you are out and about. You are going to need to do something with the bag while you are sitting and gambling. If its too large it will be awkward to sit on you lap so you will need to set it down somewhere while you are gambling. At that point it's an easy target.

Do what my wife does. She normally carries around a larger expensive handbag. When we go to Vegas she switches it out to a smaller expensive thing. The thing she carries around is very small and has a shoulder strap. It's big enough for her money, drivers license, a cc or two, a pack of gum and some room for those personal things she needs once a month.

San Diego
Level Contributor
5,169 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Nugget - Is there a vault avail. for large item?

Room thefts do happen but nowhere near as often as people would want you to think they do.

You run a much better risk of getting stuck in an elevator. This is really not something i would worry about if I were you.

I take my laptop with me and leave it right on the desk hooked up when i leave the room and have never had a problem.

The trick is to shut the door and lock it when you enter the room. dont just let it close behind you. Thats what happens. The lock doesnt fully engage, people go to sleep nice and drunk and a crook just walks down the hallways pushing on doors until one opens.

They dont have secret master keys and lock picks like on mission impossible.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
26,391 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden Nugget - Is there a vault avail. for large item?

I do the same as you Cousin Eddie. My wife also leaves her expensive purses in the rooms, not just Las Vegas but where ever we are and knock on wood never an issue. If it does it does. We arent road warriors but between work and pleasure travel we probably spend 60 nights a year in hotel rooms, unless we are in a certain few countries I never use the safes.

I have no clue what the statistics are but Id bet residential burglaries are more likely to happen than a Hotel burglary/theft.

Edited: 23 February 2013, 13:51
The O.C., CA
Level Contributor
160 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden Nugget - Is there a vault avail. for large item?

Just don't ask TERRY BENEDICT if you can use his safe. ;)

Level Contributor
865 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golden Nugget - Is there a vault avail. for large item?

I am a women of many purses both very expensive and some not so much and have always left them in my room in my suitcase. I think it would be risky to leave an expensive bag in the custody of a stranger.

If you feel uncomfortable leaving the bag in the room I would suggest leaving it home.

7. Re: Golden Nugget - Is there a vault avail. for large item?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2014, 05:16