We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mon Ami Gabi??

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
501 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Mon Ami Gabi??

We are going to be in Vegas for my birthday, and because of all the raves on this forum, I am thinking I would like to have my birthday meal here. Have you eaten there? Favorite entrees? Desserts? We will be staying at MGM Grand for three nights and then Paris for two nights that will include my day. Will it be too hot in June to eat outside? (probably a dumb question)

Level Contributor
8,463 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Mon Ami Gabi??

It is more about the view and ambience rather than the food. As a steakhouse it is not highly rated.

northern california
Level Contributor
554 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mon Ami Gabi??

I love this place and we eat there at least once on every trip.

Husband likes the French Onion Soup followed by one of the steaks, usually the Filet with Merlot butter. I start with the Endive salad and then either the roast chicken or sometimes I splurge (diet wise, not cost wise) on a steak. Check the specials, on a recent Sat night I had the lamb (fantastic!) and hubby and our guests had a fish special (sea bass?) that all proclaimed was marvelous.

We're usually too full for dessert but our friends tried the Bananas Foster Crepe. It was good but not marvelous and service fell down a bit as they had removed the silverware and not brought anymore. We borrowed from a nearby unoccupied table.

I prefer to sit inside no matter what time of year. I like the ambiance, you can still see the fountains without having to breath in the fumes from the passing cars on the Strip.

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
501 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mon Ami Gabi??

Vegashomeboy.....that being said. What do you recommend for ambience and food? I don't want to get too gussied up.....smart casual fine. Also, I don't necessarily want a filet mignon, but acceptable service and acceptable food. Do you think MAG is overrated? I have been to tons of restaurants for "the ambience", so I do ant something to remember at least until the next morning.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
364 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Mon Ami Gabi??

I love this restaurant, although I've never been for dinner. We go for lunch and sit outside. The french onion soup burger is fantastic as is the view.

Hope you have a good birthday!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Mon Ami Gabi??

Just got back from Vegas. Stayed at Paris. Ate at Mon Ami Gabi and really liked it. Had the filet with frittes and really enjoyed it. The price wasn't outrageous (for Vegas). Most of the entrees ranged between $20 -$30. Decent selection of French wines. Service was very good. Desserts are large. Best to split with your partner. Had the strawberry crepe and it was very good. Prefer to sit inside when the weather is hot like it is now. We will definitely go back there.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mon Ami Gabi??

I eat there once or twice each trip-including most recently on my 33rd birthday. I find the food to be very good, and patio dining in front of the Bellagio fountains is a splendid way to spend my evening or afternoon. My favorite dish is the mussels-they are superb! We have also tried a variety of the sandwiches available at lunch, and they are wonderful. I have been there in June, and they had misters that cooled us off. Do not forget a bottle of champagne or wine for your celebration!

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
4,437 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mon Ami Gabi??

I allways the melot petite migeon, had it butterflyed and cooked rare.

Tried the flourless choclate cake- yum

Lemon drop Martini with Kettle one.

My DD had the mac and cheese- penne with becemal sauce and cheese-very good.

2 drinks

1 dessert

a steak

mac and cheese

$78.00 after tip

Have only gone for lunch.

NH
Level Contributor
91 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mon Ami Gabi??

I'm going to go against the grain a little....

I liked it but didn't think it was fantastic. It was a little on the loud side. Service although very friendly was extremely slow. It was my 40th bday dinner and I had fun but for my trip in Aug I'm going to try something else....

Lisa

Simi Valley, CA
Level Contributor
328 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mon Ami Gabi??

"It is more about the view and ambience rather than the food. As a steakhouse it is not highly rated."

I'm not gonna argue with Vegashomboy's review that I quoted above. He's a local who knows his restaurants, particularly when it comes to reviewing steakhouses. But I will say that dining in a Vegas restaurant can be both good eats AND offer a great atmosphere, and based on that, Mon Ami Gabi makes for an outstanding experience.

When we've eaten there, we've concentrated on the appetizers vs the entrees, so I can't tell you how good their main dishes are, but their breads, appetizers and soups are pretty damn good. And of course sitting out on the patio enjoying that great water show from the Bellagio across the street is alone worth the price of admission, which of course is none (but the non-monetary price is often a long wait - and don't even bother on the weekend evenings, it will be well over an hour, more likely two).

Enjoy!!

Level Contributor
8,463 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Mon Ami Gabi??

compassquest

If you want something that will blow you away in terms of ambience, food quality, and service try Andre's Downtown. It is the best French and most romantic restaurant in town. Andre’s has won several awards over the last decade. You will remember it for the rest of your life.

Don't get me wrong MAG food is OK, but I am a steak purist, and when I go out for a steak I want prime meat cooked over a wood fire that hangs over the side of the plate. MAG has small steaks swimming in a pool of strongly flavored butter which I find distractive.