We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My opinion on the new resort fees starting March 1st at CET

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sterling, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
My opinion on the new resort fees starting March 1st at CET

I realize why they have to do it, being millions in debt and trying to pay for the Linq Project, but I think this will kill them in the long run.

There are MANY travelers who abandoned other properties and switched to CET's no resort fee policy, not because they couldn't afford to pay it, but because of the principle of having to pay a fee for something they weren't even going to use.

I look for a mass migration of Vegas visitors going back to their original hotels. Thoughts?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
5,697 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My opinion on the new resort fees starting March 1st at CET

That maybe true for the touriest however what about people visiting Vegas on business (conventions) , for those folks thier company picking up the tab may just not care where they stay, and I know I paid a lot more total in other cities when traveling on business

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
447 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My opinion on the new resort fees starting March 1st at CET

I agree that it is something that they need to do. However, I disagree that it will hurt them. They own the center strip, and are investing big in reviving it. I recently switched to TR from Mlife, due to the fantastic comp offers available. I trust they have done their research, and can still offer a more affordable hotel than Mlife can. In addition, they won't be charging the fee on comps or Platinum and Diamond members.

3. Re: My opinion on the new resort fees starting March 1st at CET

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2013, 12:40
Kenosha, WI
Level Contributor
11,961 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My opinion on the new resort fees starting March 1st at CET

The whole reason I end up staying at CET properties is because of the comps. If comped rooms won't be charged the resort fees, then I will continue to stay there. Otherwise, I might as well go back to the lower end MGM properties where I can have better access to the better blackjack tables.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
403 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My opinion on the new resort fees starting March 1st at CET

We booked CP this year specifically to avoid the fees at our usual first choice of the Bellagio.

$25 a night might not be much, but when you are staying for 10 nights - well $250 does sound high for absolutely nothing of use to either me or the wife.

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My opinion on the new resort fees starting March 1st at CET

time will tell GG

sure, some will stay at a place they used to stay,but the props not charging a resort fee is getting pretty slim?

dont forget,lots of cet players are there because of other locations such as atlantic city ect ect,so for many players with a strong histort,status ect ect,it may not benefit them to move to another place?

personally, i am still waiting to see how its looked at when there on a comp,since my trip was locked in befor the march start I guess i will learn if i really care after my 2nd trip in oct or nov?

I do have a friend who does noyt have access to 4g,who was actually glad about the resort fee because they wanted the wifi,and was going to pay for it anyway?

now if cet props stopped carrying crown royal.......... then maybe id start back with mgm

Boston...
Level Contributor
6,688 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My opinion on the new resort fees starting March 1st at CET

The tough thing for CET, is overall, their properties aren't the best. So at least when they had the bold claim about no resort fees, people might have been more inclined to overlook some of that.

Now, it's "Come to CET! Mediocre rooms, terrible gaming rules, and resort fees!!!!"

Doesn't have a great ring to it...

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
504 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My opinion on the new resort fees starting March 1st at CET

I always chalk resort fees up to, well that vegas and to get the whole expereicne at a vegas hotel this is what you expect. I am more shocked when I hear of a place that doesn't have one.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
13,071 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My opinion on the new resort fees starting March 1st at CET

I think I agree, even though I can't speak from experience because I never let the presence or lack of resort fees influence my hotel choices.

mgg42 summed up my thoughts.

Southwest
Level Contributor
1,745 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My opinion on the new resort fees starting March 1st at CET

Resort fees drive me bonkers. Now that everyone on the strip has them, why can't the hotels just start advertising the "real" rate which simply includes the resort fee.

I dislike the fees so much that I've actually explored several off-Strip hotels that advertise actual fees. They weren't cheaper, they were just up-front with their pricing. And to my surprise, I've enjoyed those stays. Not for everyone, but works for me since I have a car.